Looking for high protein breakfast ideas

Valerie G.
on 3/8/15 12:16 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I love queso blanco fried in butter paired up with sliced tomatoes.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/8/15 1:56 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Some of my favorites:

• string cheese
  • sugar-free Greek yogurt
  • frozen sausage patty (or the meatless Morningstar ones are surprisingly good)
  • breakfast burrito with eggs and bacon in a WW wrap-- I make them and freeze in advance
  • protein bars, look for 10g protein per 100 cal; I like Quest bars and Think Thin chocolate ones
  • smoothie with protein powder
  • nuke an egg, some shredded cheddar, and a bit of taco sauce for an omelette

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

wyo_sarah
on 3/9/15 12:43 am

I typically eat leftovers for breakfast.  Since I never finish all my food and my family gets tired of the leftovers, I try to eat them for breakfast and lunch too.  I also eat Dannon Light & fit Greek yogurt with some Bare Naked protein granola.  One yogurt and one serving of granola is 22 grams of protein which is a lot more than an egg with cheese which is what I would eat before.  When I'm treating myself and know that I'll get more protein later in the day, I cook a jalapeno and a slice of bacon and then mix it with a scrambled egg and a garlic and herb laughing cow cheese.  I love it.

becomingjenn
on 3/9/15 1:20 am

I have the same thing almost every morning- crackers with hummus, cheese, and roast beef.  I use 8 Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins (that's 1/2 a serving, 1.5g protein/65 cals), 2 TBS Sabra roasted garlic hummus (1g protein/70 cals), 1 oz Cabot sharp light cheddar cheese (8g protein/70 cals), and 2 oz fresh roast beef (nutritional info varies, but I count it as 15g protein/125 cals).  So I end up with 25.5g protein and 330 calories, for a breakfast that really fills me up and puts in a good place for my eating for the rest of the day.

Jenn

"I know things about stuff."         

DISCLAIMER: User must apply appropriate Snark and Sarcasm fonts to above post.  Failure to apply may result in feelings of irritation and/or insult.

----

Sleeve 7-25-14 / HW 333 / SW 316 / CW 155.8

Most Active
Recent Topics