self pay cost for gastric sleeve in Jacksonville Fl

Jsafrica
on 3/28/17 7:19 pm

Hi,

Can you tell me about your experience. I am looking at having surgery with DR Shilligford and wondered what hospital they used etc

Sandra F.
on 3/9/15 10:41 pm

@sobeit4me - I just made one trip to Mexico.  If my excess skin gets too bad, I may elect in the future to go have plastic surgery there, but right now I only had to go once.  My procedure was $4400.00 plus airfare and we stayed an extra 2 days in San Diego, which we paid for, but even with all of that, it was far cheaper than anything I found in the US.  I will say that the one drawback is aftercare.  I can email or call my doctor anytime, but I can't make the trip to go see him to make sure that everything is healing correctly.  That would be my only negative.  The other thing is that if I would have had complications, since my insurance didn't cover the procedure, I doubt they would cover the complications.  Thank god I didn't have any though.

jujubslim
on 3/10/15 6:11 am
VSG on 03/17/14

I would highly recommend you call different hospitals or health systems and find out what their self pay policy is and see if you can get ballpark rates on the procedure. I'm sure you will find that they differ quite drastically in some instances. Once you find a hospital who's price is affordable to you then I would look into all the bariatric doctors that practice at that hospital.

Good Luck

snowiekate
on 3/10/15 11:58 am - FL

My surgeon, Dr. Radecke in Sebastian (about 3 hours south of Jax) has a self-pay program. When I did it, the price was around $13000, including a year of follow-up, nutritionist, psychologist, 2 days in the hospital, etc.

~ snowiekate

High 307.2, Pre-liquid: 290.3, Surgery: 282.6

Surgery date May 31, with Dr. Radecke (Riverside Surgical in Sebastian, FL)

Most Active
Recent Topics