self pay cost for gastric sleeve in Jacksonville Fl

sobeit4me
on 3/7/15 12:02 pm

I live in Jacksonville Fl and my insurance has a exclusion for weight loss surgery.  I need to have the weight loss surgery so I am thinking of paying for it myself.  Can anyone in the jacksonville, FL area tell me what price I can expect to pay?  I know that I can't afford 25000 so I am looking for a cheaper price.  Any suggestions or advice would be very helpful

Thank you 

beelitehobbies
on 3/7/15 3:03 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

Prices vary wildly when I looked for this option. Lots of research can be done if you wish. State to state it varies as much as double sometimes.

Mexico is by far the cheapest option at ~1/4 the cost or more? No my suggestion but that is the cost on this site quoted.

Good luck

sobeit4me
on 3/8/15 9:16 am

thank you.  The prices do look great in Mexico but if you consider the travel cost, etc it could add up.  I will start calling around and see if I can get someone to commit to a cost.

mickeymantle
on 3/7/15 3:16 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

SHOP AROUND SOME SURGEONS IN Texas  and las vagas , and new jersy are as cheap as $11,000, but make shore they have experience and a good record 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Valerie G.
on 3/7/15 10:12 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

You're just going to have to call around.   When you're calling, make sure that the price given is for the entire package including the hospital, and not just the surgeon's fee.  Some have had nasty suprises in that detail.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

-Flo-
on 3/8/15 12:02 am
DS on 04/11/16

I paid 12,500 for a lap band to sleeve surgery in Boca Raton with Dr. Shillingford. He was great! The regular sleeve rates are around 10,500. It includes a 2 night stay in the hospital and all fees. Best price in America that I could find.

Jsafrica
on 3/28/17 7:16 pm

Hi,

I am looking into DR Shilling to do the gastric sleeve, self pay. Were you in a medical facility or a FL hospital and how was your experience.?

Sandra F.
on 3/8/15 11:47 pm

I too was self pay and had my surgery with Dr. Fernando Garcia in Mexico.  His website lists the prices and it was far cheaper than anything I found in the US.  I found one in North Carolina for around $12000 and some in Texas for around $9000 but even with airfare and expenses, Mexico was cheaper.  I do not regret my decision at all.  The hospital was not the newest hospital in the world but very clean.  I made sure that I was having it at a hospital as opposed to a clinic, because it was very important to me to have an ER and ICU at the place that I had my surgery, just in case.  Some doctors in Mexico use clinics, so if you are not comfortable with that, be aware.

sobeit4me
on 3/9/15 8:56 am

how many trips did you have to make to Mexico?  

St_Ft_Lauderdale
on 3/9/15 12:27 am

Dr. Shillingford in Boca Raton, FL is 10,500 all inclusive if you self-pay (they have financing available).  Pro:  The doctor and his medical staff are very personable and skilled. Con: No matter what time your time appointment is scheduled at the office, you will always wait at LEAST an hour.

Good luck on your journey!

Most Active
Recent Topics