Four years and fabulous!!!

JennyMcC
on 3/6/15 5:48 am
VSG on 02/25/15

Hi Lisa, 

I am just over one week Post Op (sleeve).  It encourages me greatly to read of your success.   I have a question.  You said "I can eat way more than when I started..."  - Do you mean you can eat more than right AFTER surgery, or you can eat way more than you could even BEFORE you had surgery?  

I am 46 and had actually made DRASTIC dietary changes, for the better, in the last year.  We were consuming VERY HEALTHY foods, unfortunately, I made the changes to my diet to late in life to take off the AMOUNT of weight I needed to.  Do you find now that you can have pretty much ANYTHING?  (I have no desire to eat a bunch of JUNKY food, just HOPE that I will be able to eat a bite of a cookie every once in a while if I truly want to taste one).  I hope that in a few months I will be able to begin preparing some of the recipes I was before my pre op diet and start eating what my family eats again.  (Lots of my recipes came from Skinnymom.com, skinny taste.com and Emily bites.com)  LOVE this Hawaiian BBQ cupcakes from Emily bites!!  Will I be able to do this again in the future (in smaller quantities of course)?

Lisa F.
on 3/6/15 7:45 am

Hi Jenny!

First off congrats on starting your new life! As for what I can eat I definitely meant my stomach holds more now than it did the first year after surgery which is why food choices are so important. To answer your other question I'm firmly on the eat and enjoy life side of the coin not the eat just to survive side. That being said there has to be a balance. I love to bake and of course eat what I bake!! But if I'm having 3 cookies hot out of the oven then I'm being very wise with my meal choices that day. Hope that makes sense and again congrats!!!

JennyMcC
on 3/6/15 8:19 am
VSG on 02/25/15

Lisa,  

Omg - thank you so much.  I was just getting a little scared that I would NEVER AGAIN be able to even TASTE a cookie or cake.  I know this is NOT what I will be making the majority of my food choice, but I makes me happy to think that I will be able to have very small portions of things that are special treats.   I am looking forward to eating the healthy meals I was making previously again.  Your reply has given me so much HOPE!  THANK YOU very much!  Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics