Viora Reaction Treatment?

ipray
on 3/8/15 5:19 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Has anyone had Viora treatment? (It is a non-surgical method to tighten the skin of the neck and cheeks). Did it work well and would you recommend for a 55 year old woman or do you think face/neck lift is the way to go? (I would rather not have surgery if I can help it).  I have turkey neck and could use some face tightening. (I also posted this at the PS forum, but this forum seems to have more viewersO. Thank you!

samanthalc
on 3/8/15 9:34 am
with

Have you had a consult at a physician's office that offers multiple non-lift options?  I'd get advice from a surgeon that offers lots of options. My mom had viora, and the improvements were minor but fine for her.  My aunt had more slacked skin, and had fraxelated co2, with far more tightening.  Both were happy, but had different starting points (and same doctor!)

ipray
on 3/8/15 10:16 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thanks for replying! No, I haven't yet, but I do know that the PS that my WLS surgeon recommends does both the viora and standard face/throat lift. Did the surgeon tell your mom how long the results for the viora would last? Also, was your aunts procedure more painful with longer recovery? (I had problems with my recovery from VSG surgery, they couldn't get my nausa and fluids under control so they kept me for about a week. I am pretty surgery shy at this stage.  (I am 55 have lost 50 lbs. have 50 more to go.) Thanks again!

samanthalc
on 3/8/15 10:36 am
with

Both were awake for the procedures. (the Fraxelated c02 was under twilight, but she vaguely remembers some of it.)  There are LOTS of laser options.  I would find a dermatologic laser surgeon in the area.  All the results are "permanent" in the sense that you get the benefit, but you will continue to age... so, in that sense, nothing is permanent.

I need to ask, but my mom's treatment was a series I think.  My aunt's was one shot.  She wasn't in a lot of pain, but she had to take lots of time off (like nearly two weeks) and wear sunblock religiously for at least six months.

ipray
on 3/9/15 10:16 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thanks for all the information! It really helped me alot!

Most Active
Recent Topics