Metabolism Trip Wire?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/7/15 3:05 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Short answer: the experts say NO.

Research long-term success rates as you sort through medical articles. MANY years of research on RNY in particular, so there's a fair bit of data out there on 10+ year outcomes.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

paragondream
on 3/7/15 7:30 am

Thank you all for your input on the issue.

I really want to be as informed as possible, and even though I have been doing serious research over the last year or so, I keep wavering on whether I want to do this.

No, that's not right.

Wavering on if this is right for me.

I feel so much guilt about not having had success so far (decades worth of trying) and I keep asking myself, "How is it okay to remove a perfectly good part of an organ just because you can't control what you put in your mouth?"

I almost feel like I would be hurting myself. After all, my body has done its damnedest to keep me going, and here I am, almost punishing it.

I know that's not really what it is...but do you know what I mean?

I want this really badly, and I would love to be able to say, "Yes! This was the tool I needed to give me that extra edge to actually make it this time."

But what if I'm wrong?

What if, in this, I become a failure too?

Again.

~Paragondream

jameas
on 3/9/15 12:51 am

I am 60 I am 2 years out had regained 10# back on track, but I am telling you all my protein in doing ll the right exact measures, I am sorry my metabolism has changed once again! i am NOT able to lose unless I eat less than 600 calories I will never see maintenance like you folks talk about this is it forever! It is an understatement to say it is depressing, yes all the benefits but TRUTH is I will never be able to go above that! I have been there and done that, it is the way it is and wow what an eye opener, i am sad that the TRUTH is for me maintenance is NOT anything like what most are calling maintenance here, and thats what I have to live with! We are all very different.

Most Active
Recent Topics