Onederland

Sharshar_
on 3/4/15 11:02 am - Hilton head island, SC

I reached onederland today. Not just 199.9 lbs but 197.5! Now what I'm wondering is... Why don't I feel more excited? I was praying every night for this surgery. I lost sleep and cried for it-- I thought that when I'd reach these milestones, that I'd be jumping for joy. When I get compliments I feel they are ingenuine or I feel embarrassed... Anyone else deal with this?

Amy M.
on 3/4/15 11:19 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

First of all, CONGRATS ON ONEDERLAND!! I can't wait until I get there.. only about 13lbs to go!  

Second, keep in mind that a lot of the changes we have to go through are mental.  It sounds like you have something deeper going on there that you are unaware of.  A lot of people on here say that therapy has done wonders for them to deal with their relationship with food and deal with the changes they are going through physically and emotionally.  Might be something worth looking into.  

Good luck and again congrats on your progress!

November18
on 3/4/15 11:28 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

Congratulations! Onederland is a big deal!! Go back and look at pictures of yourself before surgery. Maybe that will get the excitement going!!!! Be happy! You have lost a lot. I forget when your surgery date was, but you are way ahead of me. I can't wait to get to Onederland!! My goal was St. Patrick's Day but I don't think I'm going to make it.  Do you still do your videos? I was following them for a while but now I forget how to get to them. Keep up the great work!!! Congrats again!

Bonnie

Tracy D.
on 3/5/15 1:36 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Why aren't you more excited?  Because you have your head screwed on straight, my friend :-)  

I just got done posting this in reply to someone else about "celebrating" certain milestones.  I think it applies here too: 

Honestly, getting to goal was very anti-climactic for me.  And I purposely wanted to avoid falling into prior behavior of "celebrating" a number on the scale.  I'd done that in the past by either using food or buying myself something special.  

I spent my pre-op and post-op months working to get the focus off the scale and any "magical" number and celebrating "goal" just didn't seem like a good thing to do.  I realized on the day that I hit goal that nothing had really changed from the day before...and nothing would change the day after.  I would need to keep getting up, eating the same stuff, tracking my food, exercising, drinking my water, etc.  

Don't get me wrong - I was proud and happy!  But by that point I was like "OK, this is my life, what's today's adventure?" 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

joanieg
on 3/5/15 2:40 am

that's great! I Cant wait to get there! You should be very proud of yourself!

Joanie McGee 

Most Active
Recent Topics