Sushi: Yay or Nay?

Stacy_WLS
on 3/4/15 3:27 am

Its a nay for me.  I like the rice & sauce and makes me way uncomfortable b/c I can't stop at a couple of pieces.  So I avoid it.  

If you enjoy sashimi, then it is a great option.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/4/15 4:34 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

It's a GREAT source of protein.  I prefer to eat sashimi over rolls any day.  If you can avoid the rice, you'll be better off, but a little won't kill you.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Beth Of Fletchair
on 3/4/15 5:31 am

I am a fan of riceless, Spicy Tuna Hand Rolls. Apparently, my stomach is smaller but still made of cast iron!

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/15 7:52 am

I'm happy to hear that we can eat sashimi during the first few months after surgery. I love fish in general.

susan88
on 3/4/15 11:23 pm
VSG on 08/08/14 with

I love sushi.  I just had my first serving with rice (spciy tun rolls) since my surgery and it tasted like an exquisite desert.  Until now, I have had the tuna sashimi on a regular basis.  The tuna is completely on plan and a great restaurant treat. I was in Florida and saw the rolls at the hotel convenience store and I couldn't resist.  It was a way better selection than some of the other foods offered.  The only bad thing was that they didn't have low sodium soy sauce.  I was up 2 pounds the next day with flying and the salt in all of the restaurant foods. 

I'm close to maintenance and have decided to treat myself once a month. I googled carbs in spicy tuna rolls and I found 26.  Not terrible if you plan it into your day.

Most Active
Recent Topics