Protein Bars/Protein Shakes

Melanielw
on 3/2/15 1:25 am
VSG on 01/21/15

Can anyone suggest some good protein bars/protein shakes? I have tried the quest bars and I like them, but they are a bit pricy. I was hoping to find something a little more cost effective. I have been drinking premier so long that now I am sick of it. It is hard for me to even suck one down. The taste just isn't good to me anymore. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! 

elatedelaine
on 3/2/15 1:30 am

I like the Quest bars as well and I also drink the Premier chocolate shakes (you just can't beat that protein amount for the calories) but I like to add a touch of almond or banana extract to the shake sometimes to change it up...it helps me:)

angie M.
on 3/2/15 1:31 am - TX
VSG on 12/02/13

Hi Melanie,

You might try Pure protein bars?  They are a *****eaper for us.  And I, too, got really sick of the premier protein and ended up switching to a protein powder - I really like the Jay Robb Whey in vanilla.  You can add it to most anything.  I usually use in a breakfast smoothie.

VSG: 12/2/13    HW: 268  SW: 239  GW: 145 

wyo_sarah
on 3/2/15 1:45 am

I like Syntrax Nectar Chocolate truffle powder.  For "on the go" protein I drink Isopure Zero.  I get them in 8 oz plastic bottles from Amazon.  I don't do enough bars to make an informed recommendation.

Bufflehead
on 3/2/15 1:58 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I really like the Syntrax Nectar Sweets line (chocolate truffle/vanilla bean torte/cappuccino) mixed with unsweetened almond milk or cashew milk or CarbMaster milk. Great numbers and they taste really good to me. They seem much lighter than Premier.

I try to stay away from protein bars as they all seem to have tons of calories and carbs.

mickeymantle
on 3/2/15 1:58 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

most of the bars are very high in calories  I like the premier protien shakes in chocolate

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Melanielw
on 3/2/15 2:11 am
VSG on 01/21/15

Okay thank you all for the suggestions:) 

glamlamb
on 3/2/15 2:33 am
VSG on 01/19/15

I prefer Muscle Milk Lights to Premier Protein, though PP are definitely cheaper. And I really like the Quest bars, but yes, they're pricey!

sTuRnAsCeYt
on 3/2/15 3:11 am

I too got really sick of the Premier Protein shakes and I couldn't choke them down anymore. Then I tried different powders and couldn't do that either. I went back to Premier Protein (I do chocolate) and started adding 2 squirts of Torani Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup, 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of PB2, and a little bit of ice - put that in a blender and I feel like I am having a treat each morning. Yes, it is more calories and it makes my shakes more expensive, but I needed something to help me supplement my protein, and this is the only way I have found that works for me.

VSG on 11/12/2014 - - Age: 33   Height: 5'4"   HW: 246  SW: 232.2 

CW: 165.60: 9/25/2015

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/2/15 5:20 am
RNY on 08/05/19

My surgeon's rule is 10g protein for every 100 cal so that does limit things a bit. My favorite is the ThinkThin bars, especially the chocolate fudge. I get them at Target, you can usually get a 6 pack for about $4, so they're about a buck and a half each. The chocolate ones have more of a brownie texture than the Quest bars, I like them a lot.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics