Starbucks Secret

MF_Brooklyn
on 3/2/15 2:42 am

Hey! I know for some of you this could be a "duh, we all know this already.". But I had no idea and figured others might be just as in the dark as me. 

Starbucks has a protein powder. It's 6g of protein and 30 cals per scoop. I had it in a tall iced coffee and I couldn't taste it at all and it dissolved even though it was cold liquid. It's just a dry, unflavored scoop. And, fitness pal recognizes it and can give you the breakdown. 

they also, as with other chains, have a secret menu. So there are green drinks on there as well. And they have protein coffee in a can at 20g of protein per can. BUT I don't know the calories or sugars. I will look for those next time I pop into one. But I wanted you all to be aware. 

**One awesome person told me to add pure protein vanilla to my coffee instead of cream. And sometimes, It's just the kick I need (incase you're looking for other ways). 

angie M.
on 3/2/15 3:12 am - TX
VSG on 12/02/13

Thanks for sharing - from a fellow Starbuck fan :)

VSG: 12/2/13    HW: 268  SW: 239  GW: 145 

shorty71
on 3/2/15 3:15 am - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

Thanks for the info. I didnt know that. Lol. Ive been trying to find a healthier version to my favorite drink there. The raspberry white mocha hot late!  I was drinking way too many of those last month that i gained 2 pounds. I am now back down but it resulted in no weight loss overall for february:(.  Do you know any sugestions to make this drink more calorie friendly??  Lol

MF_Brooklyn
on 3/2/15 3:23 am

I don't know what's in it. But I am guessing the syrup and milk are killers her. if you like those flavors, I would do non fat milk and use the sugar free syrup. (I am not into articial sweeteners, and get sick from them, but that sounds like the easiest way. And of course, get a smaller size. 

OR!!!! (my fav option and probably what i would do in your shoes) 

I would get a black coffee, or an americano and then I would ask for two scoops of the protein powder. That's 60 cals with 12g of protein! and I would add a littttttle cream and ask for one squirt of the raspberry syrup. 

if you don't go to starbucks, seriously try putting a protein shake in your coffee as the creamer. Any flavor. So maybe a star berry one would be good in yours. You only end up using like 1/4 at most of your protein drink (premier protein is all i drink) and then you get the protein and the flavor, and you can drink the rest later for more protein. Win win! 

There's also a starbucks secret menu if you google that. I'm sure someone has blogged about these! People are crazy about low calorie concoctions. 

Come summer, I am totally tossing one reg espresso with like 2 decaf espressos onto ice and pouring some vanilla premier protein drink on it. Sounds like a treat, but with no added calories other than your protein drink. 

Good luck and enjoy! 

shorty71
on 3/2/15 3:29 am - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

Sounds good. Ive thought of doing the skim milk ir even the soy?  Nit sure the calorie and protein difference and maybe doingnhalf the syrups. Definetly not getting them daily like i was!!!  Lol. Now maybe only once or teice a month. I dont do artificial swestnerd either. They are so yucky to me. I get headaches!  The inly protein shakes i can drink are the premier proteins also. Will try the vanilla one for creamer for sure. 

MF_Brooklyn
on 3/2/15 3:40 am

the soy milk unfortunately has the same amount of sugars as the regular milk. It sounds healthier, and it is in some regards. But, not little calories. they use the vanilla flavored soy milk, so it tastes awesome, but too high in cals to sub out. 

Try the nonfat milk. What happens if you ask for the "skinny raspberry white mocha"? When you say "skinny" to starbucks, they automatically create the drink with less sugar on all fronts, but you will be getting chemicals, of course. 

shorty71
on 3/2/15 3:50 am - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

Ill have ti give it a try. Stay tuned!  Lol

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/15 6:55 am

you are the bomb. am I looking at your ticker right, girl you lost 40lbs and just had surgery?

MF_Brooklyn
on 3/2/15 7:01 am

haha! Thanks, Maandme!

yes, i lost 11 during the pre pop and then the rest since jan 22nd! 44 lbs later and I'm really excited to keep going. I don't weigh in a lot, maybe like once a month. So my ticker doesn't change much and then it's drastic! Love to see that sneaker move! 

happyteacher
on 3/2/15 10:09 pm

I am a huge latte fan. I order the venti skinny decaf caramel latte- 160 calories, 16 g protein. When I was in weight loss mode my general rule was 1 g protein per 10 calories, so this just squeaked in. I also would never do more than 1 a day, or 4 per week. They are not triggery for me though. On the other hand, the kill my wallet!

I totally agree with the other poster- adding vanilla protein powder to coffee totally substitutes out the creamer. It therefor replaces the bad creamer calories with a better nutritional choice. I really need to go back to this habit! Just be careful- if the coffee is too hot the protein will coagulate or clump... there is a correct word for this, but it escapes me at the moment. Plain protein powder would work, but I would still need to add sweetner and flavoring. Chocolate protein powder also works amazing. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics