dreading my belly flop lol

gwen41539
on 2/25/15 11:35 pm - kimper, KY

Im.still pre Op surgery is in June but my tummy is large and hangs now so after with the loss I know it will be even worse the loose skin what do I do how do I tuck it away? Or or will it be that bad ? Or am I imagining things and scaring myself   I'm 5'8.  333 lbs anyone have anything or experiences to.share?

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

FuturePinUp
on 2/26/15 12:33 am

I am also pre-op and I have the same fears. My stats are very similar to yours. I am also absolutely terrified of plastic surgery - looks so much more invasive and difficult than getting the VSG! One thing I am trying to do is to ensure I start lotioning up my body as best as I can before I have the surgery. Shea butter, Vitamin E, etc., I try to make sure my loosest parts are nice and moisturized after a shower.

Other than that? Just keeping my fingers crossed and trying to keep positive in knowing that even if I end up with loose skin, its my health that's the priority here, and I will have to just learn to live with it and love myself regardless. If I can't do that, then maybe I CAN get over my intense fear of plastic surgery and just do it. LOL.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

FuturePinUp
on 2/26/15 12:35 am

I forgot to add: post-sleeve, when I am cleared for working out, I am also planning on doing as much toning-type exercises to try to build some muscle and also lessen the appearance of loose skin. Some weight training, but also yoga and pilates. Still lots of lotion too, though. lol .;)

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Amber G.
on 2/26/15 12:47 am, edited 2/26/15 12:48 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Hi Gwen41! I am someone who holds a majority of my weight in the belly area. I also had 2 c-sections, so had a slight hang too. For me, the hang is better and nearly gone. Now its still flabby with skin, and does not look that great. But I would rather have skin over the fat anyday :) I am in LOVE with girdles and spanx to help with the remaining tummy I still have. When I put one on, its nice and flat :) Best of luck on your surgery!! 

lessofme123
on 2/26/15 12:53 am

You can camouflage loose skin with clothes. You can't  camouflage fat! I have some loose skin but it is 100 times better than fat!

Daelcare
on 2/26/15 1:28 am - Easley, SC
VSG on 10/27/14

I was really worried about the lose skin after surgery, too....so I started working out before surgery to try and build up some muscle and maybe prevent some of it!  It made it much easier after surgery....I went back to the gym the day after I got home and walked.  Three weeks out I was cleared to go back to my routine and have just kept increasing it.  So far....only minimal excess!  Best of luck...you've got plenty of time to get started!

5'5" 64 year old; HW 219; SW 199; CW 129; GW 145ish (original)...now on to "ideal" (138)...got that...now a few spare (132)...got that one, too! Now for the 120's!! Made them...now for the "dream" weight...125! Well, that one's proving to be a little tougher!

TruemansMom
on 2/26/15 1:49 am
VSG on 06/24/13

I can't afford surgery so: shape wear! Lots of my friends wear Spanx, and I hear good things about a product from Maidenform too.. I prefer a Genie cami- cheaper and changing sizes was less impact to my wallet. I started wearing them about 3 months out to keep the jiggle under control. It smooths the loose skin and leftover belly fat so I can wear the clothes I want. 

Jan D.  5'-8", highest wt 231, surgery wt 213

mickeymantle
on 2/26/15 2:03 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

plastic  surgery is the only cure for most of us but spanks help alot

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics