Diabetic friendly protein products

ladyfavor
on 2/25/15 3:34 pm

het guys, please give me suggestions for protein shakes or protein bars which are diabetic friendly. 

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/25/15 8:54 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I'm not sure what you are looking for in regard to diabetic friendly.. the ones I have seen that are geared towards diabetics - ensure, glucerna, boost glucose control.. are high in carbs. 

I'm diabetic, type II and I use: isopure zero carb rtd, isopure unflavored powder, premier rtd, matrix mint cookie powder, atkins cafe caramel and chike.  

I try to keep the ratio 3:1 for protein and carbs, I find if I keep to the 3:1 protein/carb guideline the sugars and fats are low as well.

Most places offer sample packages for 20 bucks or less so you can try a variety of flavors.

Good Luck finding something you like.

ladyfavor
on 2/25/15 9:19 pm

Thanks a million for your reply. I am looking for something low in sugars.

Rachel M.
on 2/25/15 9:27 pm
VSG on 12/31/14

Quest makes protein powders that are supposed to be quite tasty.

Depending on flavor....

21-23g protein

0-2g sugar

2-4g carbs

{ HW:275 | CW:166.6 | GW:145 | TL:108.4 }    

VSG on 12/31/2014 with Dr. John Kelly at UMASS Memorial.   

Beth Of Fletchair
on 2/25/15 10:01 pm

Just buy any unflavored protein powder like Unjury (zero carbs) and mix it with anything you usually drink.  You can make shakes with skim milk and fruit, unsweetened coco powder and Truvia or just add it to your flavored water, coffee or tea.

Tracy D.
on 2/26/15 1:20 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I use Unjury protein powder with almond milk because it's extremely low carb (milk has too many carbs in it for me).   With protein bars you're going to have a much harder time because most of them are very high in carbs, which is why you should try to stay away from them as much as possible.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics