VSG - Gallbladder Removal

MisterMoose
on 2/25/15 12:52 pm

I am in preparation  process to have  the VSG in April.  I just had an ultrasound which indicates that I may have some Gallstones.   Not in much pain right now, but I am  having a some reflux.

My question- did any poster have their gallbladder removed during VSG Surgery?   If so, your comments/experiences appreciated.

Thanks

zra
on 2/25/15 11:57 pm
VSG on 02/06/13 with

I did. Presurgical tests indicated I had gallstones so they removedy gallbladder during my VSG surgery. I have one incision that is slightly larger and the surgeon indicated that was due to the gallblader removal otherwise I didn't have any complications from adding that on. Good luck!

HW: 363  SW: 340  

Valerie G.
on 2/26/15 6:33 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

My doc removed my Gallbladder as well as appendix.  I never missed either of them.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

mamasloth
on 2/26/15 8:15 am

If they can take it out when they do the VSG, I"d say go for it.  I'm 13 months post op and looking at another surgery to have mine removed - it's my understanding that the rapid weight loss will only make your problem worse.  (And it's miserable when you start having pain... :( )

Leebee3
on 2/26/15 11:19 pm
VSG on 01/22/15

I did as well.  Much easier than going back in at a later time.  No problems at all.   Good luck to you!   

Most Active
Recent Topics