Antacids. Again.

TeressaJ
on 2/24/15 10:41 am

I'm trying to wean myself off of omeprazole, as per my Dr's recommendation, and felt I was doing pretty good until today. My son told us his girlfriend of 5 years, who is also my 3 year old granddaughter's mother, is leaving him for another man. This was a blow to all of us but my son is hurting so much. My heart is breaking for him. I have noticed this evening I am having acid reflux and think it may be due to this news. Has anyone else experienced stress causing acid reflux? Did you start taking the ppi again? Or something like Tums? 

Michele H.
on 2/24/15 8:10 pm - NJ

Don't know about the stress causing reflux but if you have successfully weaned yourself off the omeprazole  I would definitely not start taking a PPI again unless nothing else works.  Tums, Mylanta, DGL Licorice.  I find that chewing peppermint gum helps my digestion, although some say gum is forbidden.

Sorry for your troubles, hope you feel better soon.

Michele

Tracy D.
on 2/26/15 1:28 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Just a warning - if you have reflux anything with actual peppermint oil in it can make it worse (that and chocolate and caffeine).  I would try Tums or some other antacid first.  And yes, stress absolutely can jump-start you system to creating more acid.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics