Back from having a baby: Reintroduction

zra
on 2/25/15 11:46 pm
VSG on 02/06/13 with

Hello! I got my sleeve in February 2013, lost 180 pounds and got pregnant (with a ton of medical help) in April 2014. Being able to have a baby and be a healthy parent was the main reason I had surgery. But, I gained 70 pounds with the pregnancy and ate ALL the carbs to deal with the nausea. 

My my little guy is 12 weeks old and I'm only down 10 pounds from where I gave birth at. I'm breast feeding and ravenous and still eating all the carbs. 

I'm trying to get back in track without damaging my breast milk supply but I also know I need to get back in the right head space. So, here I am! You guys were so important to my previous success and I'm hoping to get back to goal!

HW: 363  SW: 340  

gwen41539
on 2/26/15 12:11 am - kimper, KY

Welcome back congratulations on the new baby  I'm still pre op but I had a baby not long after being banded it's like starting all over and finding.motivation for me was hard. BUT I did it and you can too my lap band slipped so here I am I am being sleeved in June post often and plan your meals leave no room for eatting off plan hope to see here a lot 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

gwen41539
on 2/26/15 12:18 am - kimper, KY

You will be back on board before you know it plan your meals protein protein protein and consulting a nutritionist wouldn't hurt if you are nursing you need more calories I don't know if you should limit them so much I would.seek advice on this ...if you haven't congratulations on the new baby :) hope see you posting often 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

civilmomma
on 2/26/15 12:18 am
VSG on 03/07/14

Congratulations on your baby!

For the nursing - I would focus on lots of protein, fluids, and also make sure that any carbs you eat also help with milk supply.  Oatmeal is great for milk making, as well as supplements like fenugreek.

I always had a hard time nursing and dieting - my supply would suffer. 

Get in with your dietician...you'll need more calories for nursing - but you can make the effort to make sure they are good calories that pack a nutritional punch.

check out kellymom.com for foods that are good for nursing. 

I know alcohol is not a great idea - but a good yeasty beer can help boost supply too. 

There are lactation cookie recipes out there that include oatmeal and brewers yeast that can give you your carb fix in a portion controlled way and help boost supply too.

I will be dealing with this in a few months as well.

Good Luck!

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

jenn1469
on 2/26/15 12:49 am

Congratulations new mommy!!! You can do this plus nursing helps you loose weight and good for the baby.

Jennifer

zra
on 2/26/15 4:21 am
VSG on 02/06/13 with

Thanks, everyone!

HW: 363  SW: 340  

Most Active
Recent Topics