Happy Birthday to mee! Birthday treats?

momsy55
on 2/25/15 10:00 pm - ME

Sorry for the multiple responses.  My response wasn't posting, no matter what I did, so as you can see, I tried multiple times! :).

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

civilmomma
on 2/26/15 12:20 am
VSG on 03/07/14

Happy birthday!

I am a "moderation" person...so I say, have a small piece of what you love and make sure that the leftovers go home with someone else!

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

tstowe
on 2/26/15 1:24 am
On February 26, 2015 at 3:33 AM Pacific Time, KrissyKooKoo wrote:

I turn 25 today and never would have guessed a year ago that I would be under 200lbs by my birthday! I'm currently stuck at 195 and can't seem to get below it, but that's beside the point! With that being said, what is your take on birthday treats? I realize you should try to break the cycle of relating all celebrations with food, but I'd like to know where people stand on this matter. I have ice cream cake every year, so this year my mom made me "ice cream" sandwiches with fat free cool whip, strawberries, and low fat graham crackers. They may or may not have dark chocolate shavings around the edges ;)

My birthday was yesterday. I blew out the candles on one of those giant cupcakes then watched my daughters eat it.

:O)

momsy55
on 2/26/15 1:54 am - ME

Happy belated birthday!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Chris A.
on 2/26/15 1:37 am - Colfax, CA
VSG on 11/20/12

Happy Birthday.

Being a bit over 2 years out from my surgery, I'll say this: proceed with caution. I lost my weight quickly and was quite certain of my ability to maintain control if I allowed some celebrations and enjoyed social occasions. Those celebrations and social occasions that I allowed, lie at the root for my slide into some old bad habits. I have gained 20 pounds in the last year. I am now working to re-establish the habits I put in place following surgery. It's not as easy as it was following surgery, but certainly not as challenging as it was pre-surgery. I've lost 5 pounds of my regain so far and expect to lose the rest, but it takes a concerted effort and work on my part.

Will this be the case for you? I don't know. I'm simply cautioning you to make sure you have a plan in place to self monitor. Something to help you insure one celebration that is well deserved doesn't slide into a series of occasions that leave you looking back wondering what happened. For me, I think I was somewhat euphoric at my success and felt nothing would stop me as I moved forward. I still believe that, but I know that I must be cautious for the remainder of my life. I'm not "normal" when it comes to food and eating.

Most Active
Recent Topics