Just getting started.

emtscott54
on 2/24/15 1:27 am

Hi,

I've just started this journey. I went to the information session last night but I have been researching this for a while.  I am 41 years old and 300 pounds.  I am 6 feet tall but I have a BMI of 41.  I currently have sleep apnea, high cholesterol, and I am pre-diabetic.  I have tried diet and exercise in the past but only has temporary results.  I have made a lot of big changes in my life over the last year and a half so it just feels natural to work on addressing my weight and health issues now.  I am looking at the sleeve and feel that it is the best tool for me to reach and maintain a healthy weight.  My friends say that I am not heavy enough for this procedure but I meet the medical standard for morbid obesity and have struggled with weight my whole life.

I am excited for my consult and then seeing what the path is like.  I'm not 100% committed to getting the surgery yet but feel that the consult will probably lead me to that point.

I hope you all are well and having a wonderful day.

Scott

Mary Gee
on 2/24/15 2:37 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
Hi Scott - Welcome! ....... About your friends...if they are not doctors, do not listen to them. You seem to be quite knowledgeable and know you meet the medical criteria. Once you meet the your surgeon and he confirms you are a candidate, the fun begins! Just be sure to contact your insurer because they may require you to be on a supervised diet for six months. Some insurers have strict guidelines, others have more flexible requirements. ...... Good luck to you. 😀

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

GooseGirl
on 2/24/15 3:03 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Going through all the steps to get approval can make you want to pull your hair out some days. However, it is so, so, SOOO worth it. The changes that I am already seeing at just 16 weeks are fantastic. I still have a long way to go but it is great to finally be making progress in the right direction. 

Most Active
Recent Topics