Day 5 Post Op...Little pain

thallnc
on 2/23/15 6:17 am - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

I am really feeling good for the most part and have a lot of energy. I am getting in 46-56 oz of fluid and around 40-50 grams of protein. The problem I am having is a real quick sharp pain across my stomach while I am drinking. I am also having acid reflux (never had a problem with acid before) especially when I sleep. I'm taking 40g of Protonax daily and Tums Ultra (as my calcium for the 1st month) 2x a day. The pain will only last a couple of seconds and I will burp and it will go away. I find it's not as bad if I'm walking while I drink. Has anyone else had any problem like this? I have not had any pain meds since the first couple of hours in recovery. 

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

Kathy S.
on 2/23/15 6:27 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations on your surgery!  We look forward to your updates

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Ellie333
on 2/23/15 7:24 am - Canada

I have the same thing (sleeved 18/02/15).  Was told that the probable cause was swelling inside and it will probably lessen as time goes by.  Good luck

coll26
on 2/23/15 7:32 am
VSG on 01/30/15

Gas x , film strips dissolve on your tongue and work wonders, I brought them to the hospital!

CJCC55
on 2/23/15 9:02 pm - Cleveland, TN

I was told that mine were esophageal spasms, due to the fact that the swollen stomach does not allow the water in as quickly as the esophagus is accustomed to.  The esophagus continues to allow the water to pass normally, but when it reaches the stomach........major obstacle!!!  Mine subsided in a few days as the swelling subsided.  I just had to continue to sip slowly, but faithfully.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

Valerie G.
on 2/23/15 9:27 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

It looks like you're off to a good start, but you REALLY need to push the fluids more.  Dehydration happens SO fast, overnight for some.  64oz is your daily minimum goal for fluids, starting the day they removed the IV from your arm.  Fatigue and nausea are two symptoms.  If you start to feel that, you're on your way down.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics