artificial sweeteners need opinions please

gwen41539
on 2/23/15 12:11 am - kimper, KY

Ok I don't drink soda haven't since 2008 but I drink Crystal light and drinks like that sometimes sugar candy not a lot but once a week I'll buy a pack..I use a lot of splenda in my coffee I mean I ton like 1/4 per.cup which is a 14 oz cup but still that's a lot of splenda I drink about 3 cups per day I need to break this habit or switch sweeteners but I can't another I like any suggestions? Or opinions? 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

momsy55
on 2/23/15 1:14 am - ME

Have you tried stevia?  It is a natural sweetener, not an artificial one, so no chemicals.  There are many brands on the market - Truvia, Stevia in the Raw, Pure Via, to name a few.  I use stevia only, at home.  Most place haven't started using it yet, but I think it's coming.  Oikos Triple Zero yogurt uses stevia, so I am hoping other mainstream products will follow suit.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

MsBatt
on 2/23/15 3:48 am

Everything in the Universe is made of chemicals, including stevia.

Superchunk77
on 2/23/15 1:16 am

I absolutely will not use them. As a scientist, I know what they are and what they do to your body.  People like to make-up what they would like about them to justify their using them or read some garbage on the internet. I just say no.  Splenda is terrible and it does absorb in your intestine contrary to what they had said in the beginning they just do not know all of the effects of it yet. Everyone using it is a Guinea Pig for the company.  I could go on and on.  If you have to have a sweetner like that then maybe try monk fruit.  

gwen41539
on 2/23/15 1:41 am - kimper, KY

Sugar free candy that should read lol not.sugar candy lol

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

Smeeeeshers
on 2/23/15 4:52 am - Canada

I avoid it when I can. I know its not good for us ... I cut it out slowly, by decreasing my use in coffee, baking etc. Pretty soon it started to taste really chemically to me. I do buy the liquid stevia and will occasionally add it to plain greek yogurt (a teeny squirt just for a bit of sweetness - but even then I can taste it) I now do not use it in my coffee - I never would have thought i'd be able to do that!!!

I will use crystal light on occasion in my water, especially if im having a tough time drinking my water for the day - it helps me get it in.

I say slowly start to decrease your usage of it. I agree with the above posters saying that it is not great for our bodies - its full of chemicals.

Most Active
Recent Topics