Almost 4 months out and still can't tolerate meats and eggs.

ipray
on 2/22/15 10:06 am
VSG on 11/06/14

I have been struggling with my sleeve. I cannot tolerate meats, shrimp or eggs very well.  Even thin deli meats are hard for me. I am measuring and weighing everything that I eat and I am cutting everything into tiny, tiny pieces and chewing to mush and not eating fast.  I am still trying to eat these foods every day anyway because I want to transition to normal foods. I am not vomitting, but it hurts from the very first bite.  I have been cooking in the crock pot so that my meats are moist.  It doesn't help.  Did any of you have this problem in the first 4 months?  If so, does it get better?  (I am still meeting my protein goals with shakes, yogart, cheese, nuts, tuna, cottage cheese and forcing the meats/eggs anyway).  Having a tough time.  (Nausa in morning too, but I received help from others here and their advice seemed to help so far).  Thanks everyone!

aharris30
on 2/22/15 10:44 pm
VSG on 05/13/14

I only had this problem with tough meats. Have you spoken to your surgeon or NUT about this?

ipray
on 2/22/15 11:44 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

I have a doctors appointment with surgeon this Friday.  Thanks for your reponse! 

Most Active
Recent Topics