First Blog entry of my Journey Thoughts..Just a Ramble

psren13
on 2/22/15 1:58 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

I have been doing great on my own so of course puts second thoughts in my head.  When I first started on this journey, sort of, January 2014 I weighed 269.  During the coursxe of last summer I was staying with my daughter in California (almost 3 months).  She is very much into fitness and the gym (was a certified trainer at one point but hadn't done any personal training for a few years).  She goes to the gym about 4 or 5 times a week.  So while I was there, I went to water aerobics 5 to 6 days a week and really watched what I ate.  I was about 250 when I came back to my own home.  I restarted actively on the VSG journey in November weighing at 249.  I have been trying to practice the low carb and increase water to get my body ready for the surgery (3-11).  My  weight this morning was 238.4.  I go to my doctor 3-9 for my pre-op wieigh in.  It is definitely a struggle.  My highest weight has been 277.  I am only 5ft 2in and 65 years of age.  So it is harder for me to lose and my skin hs definitely lost elasticity.  One of the biggest reasons for the VSG is that it will shrink my stomach size which I think will help keep me on track.  No going back once it is done.  I know this is only a tool but I think at my age, all tools are going to be helpful.  I do plan to go back out to Cali.  She is definitely a great influence on me too.  Your environment and the people you are around can definitely have an effect on you and your weight, both good and bad.  I am not an emotional eater.  I just like the taste of food.  Need to get it through my head that food is for nourishment and not necessarily for enjoyment.,  

Most Active
Recent Topics