HOW DO YOU BREAK A STALL???

denyray1
on 2/21/15 11:45 pm

I am 13 weeks out and I lost 52 lbs pretty quickly, but the last 3 weeks I've been stuck at the same weight. I have started going to the gym to try to kick start my weight loss again, but the scale hasn't moved yet. Of course I've only gone twice so far, but still. I just want it to move! Maybe I'm eating the wrong things? A typical day for me is decaf coffee and maybe some oatmeal or a protein drink for breakfast, Tuna with some shredded cheese or chicken soup and a few bites of salad for lunch, and then a small amount of what my family has for dinner which is usually something like baked chicken and a veggie or turkey tacos. For snacks I typically will do a Campbell's cup of soup (chicken) or a laughing cow cheese with a couple pretzel crisps or a light string cheese. I track on myfitnesspal and average between 400-600 calories a day. Any advice on how to break this stall or other things I should be eating that would be better choices?

Farmersdaughter2
on 2/22/15 2:14 am
VSG on 12/15/14

I do Chris Powell's method of Carb Cycling.  Every few days I jump up my carbs from my usual 40 grams and then I  drop them down to around 15 for a few days.  It confuses the body.  It has kept me from getting stuck in a stall so far.   I do the same when I walk on my treadmill.  I warm up slow then speed up to 3 for a few minutes then drop back down again for a while, then back to 3.  This also breaks the monotony.   I hope this helps.  

VSG Surgery 12/15/14      HW 247,  SW 212, CW 163

Beth Of Fletchair
on 2/22/15 2:53 am

I do an eggwhite and spinach omelet day.  It works for me.  It's so nice to see the scale move after a stall.  However, I would never eat as much cheese and crisps as you do.  Cheese is very binding. 

Stacy_WLS
on 2/22/15 4:53 am

To break your stall stick to your plan.  The focus of the plan should be (IMHO):

• drink 64+ oz of water
  • eat 60+ grams of protein
  • keep carbs down -- focus on green veggies, dairy and maybe fruit 
  • get some activity everyday

Keep at it -- our bodies lose at different paces.  It will start to move again!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

C H
on 7/10/15 10:07 am

Thank goodness for the search button!!! Trying to break my 5 week stall!

Stacy_WLS
on 7/10/15 12:53 pm

Good luck!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

jkmcnult
on 2/22/15 10:10 am - golden, CO

For me water has been the trick. I had a stall that lasted three weeks, I went up and down with my carbs and calories and it didn't budge. When I incresed my water to about 80 oz per day it started coming off steady again. It's definitely frustrating when you stall but it sure is fun when it's going down!

Most Active
Recent Topics