My Fitness Pal

Kiwideb
on 2/20/15 11:15 am
VSG on 01/19/15

I'm not quite at the point of being out of the soft food stage and watching calories like crazy (my surgeons NUT's program is about food being soft at this point and FLUIDS!) and I wanted to track weight on it, but I can't figure out if I can change settings to show I'm WLS so it will override the required caloric intake numbers.

Any advice? or I just can't use it to track weight loss?

Daelcare
on 2/20/15 9:48 pm - Easley, SC
VSG on 10/27/14

I don't worry about it!  I just track everything and let it tell me I'm not eating enough!  Others have said that they just enter a "fake" food to give them enough calories and then delete it...whatever works for you.  So far, MFP hasn't adjusted their settings for us!

5'5" 64 year old; HW 219; SW 199; CW 129; GW 145ish (original)...now on to "ideal" (138)...got that...now a few spare (132)...got that one, too! Now for the 120's!! Made them...now for the "dream" weight...125! Well, that one's proving to be a little tougher!

Kiwideb
on 2/21/15 12:44 am
VSG on 01/19/15

Humpf. That would be so handy to just track, not have the suggestions.

hollykim
on 2/21/15 2:27 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 20, 2015 at 7:15 PM Pacific Time, Kiwideb wrote:

I'm not quite at the point of being out of the soft food stage and watching calories like crazy (my surgeons NUT's program is about food being soft at this point and FLUIDS!) and I wanted to track weight on it, but I can't figure out if I can change settings to show I'm WLS so it will override the required caloric intake numbers.

Any advice? or I just can't use it to track weight loss?

I use it to track my weight and it doesn't give any suggestions about that. 

I also use it to. Track food and ignore everything it tells me. You can custom set your values so it doesn't give as many suggestions.

I usually eat way way less than the amount they suggest so am always getting that message. 

Have you tried the food/weight tracker on this site?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/21/15 3:32 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I usually don't click on the finish logging for the day part, then I don't get that message. I like using it & luv that it works with the fitbit app. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Bufflehead
on 2/21/15 7:04 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

You can just use it to track weight loss if you want to. If you do want to track your calories, go to your home page (use the web version, NOT the app). Click the Goals tab, then the green Change Goals button. Click the radio button to change to "Custom" goals, then put in whatever calories and macros you want. When you log your food for the day, if you want to properly close your diary but *not* get the stupid message about how you are being unhealthy and will starve to death (LOL), use the "quick add calories" tool to add however many calories you need to go over 1000 for the day. Or, if you are a man, to go over 1200 calories for the day. Close your diary, and you won't get the stupid message. Then go back in and take out the quick added calories if you want to.

Most Active
Recent Topics