Sleeved on the 18th of February

Ellie333
on 2/20/15 8:46 am - Canada

Feeling a little crappy but determined, any advise from veterans would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ellie

Valerie G.
on 2/20/15 11:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Crappy being extremely tired and maybe a little nauseous?  Aside from the fact that you're only 2 days out of major surgery - dehydration is a common problem during recovery.  You need 64oz of fluids each and every day, and it's HARD to get it all in.  Your body doesn't care, it needs those fluids.

Other than that, give yourself proper time to heal and recover.  Some people need more time than others.  It took me about 5 weeks to shake the anesthesia fog.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Ellie333
on 2/20/15 6:46 pm - Canada

Thank you Valerie, I am trying with the water, I have gotten in broth and juice/poweraide and some water but today is a new day and I will try harder for the water intake,  I appreciate you taking the time to answer, any advise/encouragement is soooo appreciated especially when I was feeling a little "alone".  Thank you again,

Ellie

Valerie G.
on 2/21/15 12:35 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Try different flavors and even temperatures to find something that "sucks less" (I say this because I found no pleasure in any flavors at that time).  Everything wet and decaf counts...even protein drinks.  Some chew ice for several days.  I found my solace with green koolaid, ice cold and sweetened with Splenda instead of sugar. 

I had a giant 64oz cup that I brought with me everywhere.  I sipped constantly whether I felt like it or not - before I did anything and after I did it.  I made up all kinds of drinking games to keep sipping, my giant cup as my visual of my goal for the day.  After a few months, I was able to empty that cup by lunchtime.  It's just SO important to push those fluids, to keep yourself out of the ER for an IV or worse yet, kidney stones....so your top job right now other than rest is to push those fluids.  Allow yourself to feel tired, continue to heal, and delegate all household chores for a couple of weeks or just let them go. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Farmersdaughter2
on 2/21/15 1:26 am
VSG on 12/15/14

I loved SF popsicles right after surgery.  It also counts toward your liquid intake.  My motto was walk, walk, walk,sip, sip, sip, rest,rest, rest  then repeat...

VSG Surgery 12/15/14      HW 247,  SW 212, CW 163

Most Active
Recent Topics