What are your pros and cons to this surgery?

mickeymantle
on 2/19/15 6:32 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

if you eat crap non of the wls will work , ds will work the best because most of the calories go in 1 end and out the other

if you eat following your plan you may not need that

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

TexasTerritory
on 2/19/15 7:55 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Followed the rules and went from size 18 to size 4.... Highly recommend the VSG

Jadeyesmiling
on 2/19/15 10:00 am
VSG on 02/08/16

wow, good for you!!! A size 4 is super teeny!! :)  It must be fun to shop and do so many things though...that's what I look forward to.  Now I have to buy clothes online and its no fun because well...they are UGLY and not flattering, but really what could be in this size?? There are many pros to being a smaller person. :)

HW: 528 CW: 386 Short term Goal weight: 350

Tracey :)

sechax0r
on 2/19/15 10:49 am
VSG on 11/03/14

I am very similar to you! I started at 537. I am 5 months from the start of my process and 3 months post op. I have lost 147lbs. I weigh 390 as of today.  I went from getting winded walking from the car to the store and now I can do 2 miles easily. I went from 0 exercise to going to the gym 6 days a week. I work out with a trainer 3 of those days. My blood sugar is normal, and my BP is healthy.

That should be enough pros to outweigh any cons. 

Yes if you overeat you will throw up, happened to me one time. I had ZERO complications and very little pain but that doesn't mean you won't. I was even back to work the same week as my surgery. What you are doing now will not get you anywhere. Find a good surgeon and do it!

Jadeyesmiling
on 2/20/15 12:48 am
VSG on 02/08/16

The original thought was to wait, but after seeing the board "shrink" I think she found the numbers too overwhelming for me.  So, I probably will have to show the initial loss and then I think they will change their mind and move forward.  Thank you for being so open and sharing your story with me it is a GREAT encouragement as when I was 350 I had a very full life, very active with no restrictions so to see that you are doing so well is great. :)

Thankfully I just had a full blood work up and everything is normal, no issues...hopefully that will be in my favor too when they decide on surgery.  Thanks again, feel free to add me as a friend if you like. :)

HW: 528 CW: 386 Short term Goal weight: 350

Tracey :)

Most Active
Recent Topics