My VSG journey

cope6455
on 2/23/15 1:25 am - Fairburn, GA

Hello everyone. I'm Kisha,  and I've started the process of having the gastric sleeve surgery. I have two more clearances to get and then 'the day' will be scheduled.  Just wondering if anyone has someone in their life who just doesn't get it. And why we feel this change needs to happen. I'm so tired of being overweight. Any thoughts. 

jenn1469
on 2/23/15 3:49 am

fantastic!!! my mom is pretty negative about it. I am 8 mos out and I love the way I look and feel!!!

Jennifer

cope6455
on 2/23/15 5:15 am - Fairburn, GA

Oh No!! same issue with a roommate of mine. She feels that I don't need the surgery, I could do better than that on my own, all I need to do is just move and exercise. I truly believe those people do not understand our struggle. We have to live in these bodies not them and according to us we want change.

jenn1469
on 2/23/15 5:20 am

Well she felt I didn't need because I was 234 pre surgery and she felt if I worked hard o can lose it

i have lost 73 pounds since June and I feel great don't let other people stop you from getting surgery. 

Jennifer

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/15 7:23 am

read this post!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/hunger_and_food_troubles/4657168/Dont-Tell-Me-You-Can-Relate-You-Skinny-B/

hollykim
on 2/23/15 10:10 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 23, 2015 at 9:25 AM Pacific Time, cope6455 wrote:

Hello everyone. I'm Kisha,  and I've started the process of having the gastric sleeve surgery. I have two more clearances to get and then 'the day' will be scheduled.  Just wondering if anyone has someone in their life who just doesn't get it. And why we feel this change needs to happen. I'm so tired of being overweight. Any thoughts. 

I have only support active ppl in my life cause I won't allow the unsupportative ones to be part of my life. This is your journey. You owe NO ONE anything.

You don't even have to discuss it with them.

just do the job and show them up. Success is the best revenge.

it won't stop with "why do you think you need surgery" soon,it will be you are too skinny when are you going to stop losing,blah blah.

whey you take control of your life in this way,it is time to put on your big girl panties and bulldoze everyone who tries to get in your way. 

Most Active
Recent Topics