Eating Plans

thallnc
on 2/22/15 7:15 am - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

So reading through everyone's post I do understand that all plans are different. I had surgery the past Wednesday and I'm really doing good. Before I could be discharged from hospital I had to show I could tolerate full liquids and have a bite or two of cream of chicken soup, protein shake, and jello. I am to stay on full liquids until next Wednesday (1 week post op) and then move to purred foods starting week 2. I will do this stage for a week before moving to soft foods the start of week 3. Has anyone else had a plan like this? I just can't get over how different all these plans are. 

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

Dan1962
on 2/22/15 7:39 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Mine was just like that except after the full liquids for a week, they told me to skip the pureed stage and go to soft foods.  I was surprised but my dr isn't as structured as some of them on here.  He basically told me to listen to my body.

Stacy_WLS
on 2/22/15 7:40 am

mine was much more strict than that (but less strict than others). I was on clear liquids for a week and got so sick / weak from lack of protein.  I have also heard of some surgeons who start people on pureeds right away - so the plans do vary significantly.

I wouldn't stress about it, just follow your doctors orders and you should be fine!  Good luck!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

DBballoon
on 2/22/15 9:10 am

I will be one week out tomorrow.  I was clear liquids during my hospital stay.  Full liquids for discharge up until the 2week follow up,  then 2weeks of pureed then 2 weeks of soft.

Sleeved 2/16/15

HW 288: SW:250 CW:237.4

M1:?

sechax0r
on 2/22/15 9:19 am
VSG on 11/03/14

Mine was...

Day of operation..ice chips only

1 day post op to 21 days post op-full liquids consisting of protein shakes, jello, broth, sf Popsicles and water. 

21-42 days soft foods

at 42 days add chicken and raw veggies

at 63 days add red meat

toddwho23
on 2/22/15 10:01 am

Pre-op through day 3 post-op - liquids (strained soups, broth, water, protein shakes, Popsicles, applesauce, decaf coffee). 

Day 3-10 post op - same, but could add blended yogurt and cottage cheese.

day 10-30 post op - puréed/soft foods. All liquids above, eggs, tuna or other soft fish, puréed chicken or red meat, soft cheeses, mushy veg or V8  

day 30 - Lifetime - solids  

kagrady2005
on 2/22/15 10:33 pm
VSG on 09/10/14

Here's my plan that my surgeon had me follow.

Day of surgery, I had nothing...my surgery was supposed to be at 1:30 but was pushed back to almost 3:00 because he had unexpected hernia repairs on 2 cases that day.

Day after and 2nd day after surgery - liquids.

3rd day - they moved me to pureed foods before leaving the hospital.

I was on pureed foods for 4 weeks - my packet says 8 weeks but he moved me to soft foods at 4 weeks because I was tolerating everything so well.

I was on soft foods for about 3 weeks then moved to regular foods as tolerated.

Most Active
Recent Topics