I'm so upset! Need to vent...

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/15 1:32 am - AZ

Warning, I need to vent... and thats all this post is about :'(

So about 3 weeks ago I went to the ER with horrible abdominal pain.. I ended up needing my gallbladder removed. That was a 4 day hospital stay.. because of elevated liver enzymes..

side note: My surgeon was an A**hole! very rude, and never saw me after surgery..

also, it took me almost 5 hours to wake from surgery as well (my mom said she was freaking out)

Then 3 days after surgery (while at home) I have the same intense pain! But because Im stubborn, I didn't go to the ER for another couple of days...

Well I end up being admitted again (another 4 days in the hospital) with elevated liver enzymes yet again... caused by left over stones in my bile duct causing a blockage.. So I call a doctor I work with to come take over my care, and do the ERCP (procedure to remove the stones) he came the following day and it went well...

except the anesthesia again, I had a reaction from what they gave me and had severe muscle pain for 3 days after..

The following week, I end up pulling a muscle (or something) around my incisions.. talk about pain!! : (

So now I been out of work for 3 weeks (I return next week) but I'm still in pain and have nausea almost everyday!

I told the surgeon at my follow up appt yesterday, but of course he didn't offer any help.. (he even took a call on his cell while I was talking to him in the exam room!)

Then to top it all off.. I was getting so close to being under 200 lbs, but in this past 2 weeks I have gained 8 lbs!! : (

I'm so done!!! I just want to go back to normal already :'(

MF_Brooklyn
on 2/18/15 1:37 am

I'm so sorry to hear about all this chaos! The weight has GOT to be from all the fluid they pump into you in hospitals. Don't go off that. Don't even weigh in right now for your own sanity. 

Work has to just understand right now. This is your health. It' snot even elective surgery at this point, think of it as if you were in a car accident. You can't help it. All they can do is wish you well. 

Also, maybe try a new hospital? Or request a different doctor. DEFINITELY talk to a patient advocate. This is your life/health. 

Feel better. If right now, you're dealing with so much pain, then just feel better emotionally. Stay calm. Stress can only make these things worse. Rant/vent here any time! Know that this is a blip in the journey and months from now you will look back and be so much stronger and healthier and remember it as just a moment where you were challenged. I know it sucks so hard. Have a good cry, and get back out there. You got this! You've come so far. Be well. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/15 1:47 am

I'm so sorry for all your problems, yes your dr sounds like an a hole. does he have an associate that you can switch to. I just wanna say feel better and I wish you the very best and a fully healthy recovery. Don't rush back to work, please take it slow. This is a great site for advice, thank god we have it for the support, info and to be connected to someone who may be going thru something similar. be well.

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/15 1:52 am - AZ

Thank you so much for the kind words..

Unfortunately, I have to go back to work because short term disability won't extend my time off without the surgeons consent. He refused to extend it.. He told me "No one takes over a month off with a gallbladder removal, there is no point to extend your time off"

I called STD and they said theres nothing they can do.. that he is the one to determine whether it's medically necessary since he did the surgery.

Gwen M.
on 2/18/15 2:04 am
VSG on 03/13/14

That sounds so awful, all of it!  Can you follow up with a different surgeon in the practice if there is one?  I'd be so upset!!  

Don't worry too much about the weight gain, though, I'm sure it's just fluids from all the IVs you've had to have.  I know, that's easier said than done!  But it'll come off :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

GoBlueGirl1998
on 2/18/15 2:27 am - MI

I'm sorry you're going thru all this. You have a right to vent!! Stay the course & I know you'll see movement on the scale! I hope you're recovered and feeling much better very soon!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

aharris30
on 2/18/15 3:22 am, edited 2/18/15 3:23 am
VSG on 05/13/14

First, you need to find out what anesthesia they gave you during surgery. This is for your personal knowledge and for further reference. I am so sorry you went through all this I can only image, but you have done so well this far don't give up. This is just a bump in the road and your are getting over it. I wish the best for you in your health and journey. Have you spoke to anyone about a muscle relaxer medication?

Stacy_WLS
on 2/18/15 3:58 am

Ugh that totally sucks!  

I hope you start feeling stronger soon.  :(

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

J Connel
on 2/18/15 5:03 am
VSG on 04/13/15

I'm so sorry you have gone through all of that.  I wouldn't worry about the gain - I'm sure it's water retention from all the procedures.  Your body is probably in shock in general.

You can vent here any time!!  Will keep you in my thoughts for a quick recovery.

JC 5'3" HW: 283.2 SW: 224.6 CW: 140.0  M1: -20.0 M2: -10.2 M3: -13.6 M4: -6.4 M5: -7.2 M6: -7.8 M7: -6.2  M8: -5.8 M9: -2.2 M10: -5

GOAL WEIGHT ACHIEVED 2/2/16 

Follow my blog at: www.sleeveforme2014.wordpress.com

Atlanta_Forever
on 2/18/15 5:16 am
VSG on 03/17/14

You have every right to be annoyed, vent all you want!

The good news is it's all behind you and now all you have to do is take good care of yourself while you heal. I pulled some muscles around my incision post sleeve surgery and I know it's a hassle, but it will heal. (Took about a week for me to not feel that pull)

Take naps, stay warm and let your body to the rest!

Most Active
Recent Topics