Looking to have VSG surgery done.

angelfish356ik
on 2/19/15 12:04 am

I have just started the process to have weight loss surgery done. I have lost 17lbs since Jan 15th which is when I had my 1st appt to get this process started. I am looking to have VSG  surgery done and I am looking for an online support of people who have had this surgery done or who are going through the process to have it done. I am excited about this journey and have a lot of family and friends who are supporting and helping me through this. Just looking to talk to people who have had this done or are going through the process to have it done.

ipray
on 2/19/15 8:19 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Hello angelfish, Great job with the weight loss! It is wonderful that you have the support of your family and friends!  (I did too and I found that I really needed a bit of help the first week after my surgery.)  I had my surgery 3-1/2 months ago and have lost about 45 pounds.  It has definately been quite a lifestyle change and a learning experience.  (But it gets much as time goes on.)   If you have anything you want to know, this site is the best as you can get advice from newbies or long timers. Just use the Search (looks like a magnifying glass at the top left of the page) and plug in the subject matter of your question. You will find all kinds of useful information from previous questions asked. Or just ask exactly like you posted this post.  Sometimes you will get several answers right away and other times you may have to wait a bit, but usually you will get a response from someone. Sounds like you have it all under control so far which is great! Just do what your doctor tells you to do because there is usually a good reason to do so.  Take care and good luck to you!  You are on your way!

ipray
on 2/19/15 8:24 am
VSG on 11/06/14

I forgot to mention that your doctor or nutritionist should be able to let you know about support groups in your area.  The hospital that I had my surgery at has an online support group through facebook.  (You just had to have your surgery at the hospital to join).  Ask your doctor or nutritionist if they also have online support.   

pineview01
on 2/19/15 1:06 pm - Davison, MI

This is a very good place to come as you will find those just thinking, newly sleeved and Vet's that have been here for years.  Congratulations on making a decision that will change your life.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics