Sleeve surgery help

slothritis
on 2/18/15 2:15 am

Hello all! I am seriously thinking about doing the gastric sleeve surgery. I am 27 years old, 5'1, 214. To matters worse, I have rheumatoid arthritis since I was 2 years old. I was hoping someone could shed some light on this procedure, what they like, what they didnt like. Did they regret anything? and so on. I am tired of being obese, I am tired of huffing just because I walked a few feet. Thanks.

mickeymantle
on 2/18/15 2:43 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

first it is a great tool

im am rarely hungry and a few bites end that

I have been losing for 1 1/2 years im a slow loser but a little comes off every month

I can eat anywhere with just some common sense pick what to eat 

nothing makes me sick that didn't pre surgery

I can take any meds I need unlike some of the other wls that don't allow nsaids and some other meds don't work right

only slow release meds don't work right but there is usually a different form that will work

young people like you tend to loose faster  and it will do wonders for your back and joints

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Tracy D.
on 2/18/15 3:18 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Hi there!  My 32-year old daughter was diagnosed with severe rheumatoid arthritis at 9 years old so I understand how the excess weight is causing you so much difficulty.  

I liked everything about the procedure:  it was fast, simple and relatively easy to recovery from.  What I didn't like was the resulting hair loss but that would have happened to me with any WL surgery, not just VSG.  

Zero regrets - zero!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

slothritis
on 2/20/15 10:00 pm

Thank you all for your replies. They make me more confident in doing the surgery. I am scheduled for march 9th for the gastric sleeve.

Most Active
Recent Topics