Pain on left side under rib cage

Amy M.
on 2/17/15 12:55 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

Ok so since getting my gall bladder taken out last month I've learned to not ignore pain. I've been noticing lately that I'm getting pain on the left side of my abdomen under my rib cage.  Usually it happens after or even whIle I'm eating. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be related to my sleeve?  I've tried googling this but self diagnosing via Google or WebMD makes me fear for the worst. I'll google pain on left side and see 16 results telling me it's cancer. 

cconroy55
on 2/17/15 1:52 am

Call the doctor's office - they can help you best, and can help you stop worrying...

mickeymantle
on 2/17/15 2:04 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

web md does not know you had 85% of your stomach removed it could just be scar tissue , my hubby gets that sometimes from where he had half his colon removed

just call your surgeon and get it checked out its probably nothing serious

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Lori Risner
on 4/20/15 1:56 pm - OR
RNY on 03/12/13

Hi there! I had RNY two years ago and am noticing that when I am eating I have sharp pains under my left rib. Wondering what you have found out...

Blessings on your day!

Pamela M.
on 4/21/15 12:29 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

I defintely have pain on my left side under my rib cage and it seems to occur mostly at night after eating dinner.  When I went to see my surgeon for my six month post-op appointment, I told him about it and he had me lay down and he poked around and said that everything felt normal.  To me, it feels like something is not positioned correctly so perhaps it is scar tissue.  It does help to stand up and stretch.  I'm not overly concerned about it b/c it does seem to come and go and is mainly associated with eating a meal in the evening (when I tend to eat a little more than I do at breakfast and lunch).  Let us know if you learn anything that might explain the discomfort.  I also wear a bra with an underwire and I've wondered if that causes the pain when I am sitting.  It doesn't hurt when I'm standing.

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Most Active
Recent Topics