Worried about pain

momsy55
on 2/16/15 11:15 pm - ME

I agree that walking helped tremendously.  I was up walking within a few minutes of getting to my room from recovery.  I walked as often as possible, and they were able to keep the wraps (to reduce the risk of clots) off of my legs throughout the rest of my hospital stay.  I slept sitting in a chair with my feet propped on something the first night.  The second, I had a recliner in the room, so slept in that - it made it much easier to get up and down.  When I got home, I slept in bed, but with lots of pillows to prop myself up.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Beth Of Fletchair
on 2/17/15 12:07 am

I never felt any pain after surgery.  I didn't need the drip or even Tylenol.  I still have the bottle of Oxycodone they sent me home with sitting on the shelf.  I used to think it had something to do with my pre surgery weight loss etc but I think it's mostly the luck of the draw and the skill of your surgeon combined.

Just remember, it's only temporary and the results are awesome! 

MissNexxie
on 2/17/15 12:16 am
VSG on 04/30/14

Coming to, I felt pain and discomfort, mostly for the first day. After that it just felt like I'd done about 1000 sit-ups. I was given Tylenol 3, I think I took them for 2 days. My gallbladder attacks are more painful.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

bikrchk
on 2/17/15 12:34 am

Everyone is different. The only surgery I have to compare it to is an abdominal hysterectomy. I took the pain meds for that surgery for maybe 1 week.  For the sleeve I took whatever they gave in the IV, (no pain pump), but never needed anything stronger than Tylenol Jr when I went home the next day. It was MUCH easier recovery than I expected.

Sweat is fat crying

Valerie G.
on 2/17/15 3:49 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was in the hospital 4 days, at home on pain meds for only about a week or less FT, then tapered off to bed time only for another week.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MAchick
on 2/17/15 4:16 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I was on a morphine pump the first night/day but it made me sick. After that I was on liquid roxicet every 4 hours. I did take it for the next couple days on that schedule and then stretched it out with liquid tylenol in between. It hurt the most sleeping because of positioning.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/17/15 4:24 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I was hooked up to a pain pump while in the hospital.  I pushed the button as much as possible, not because the pain was that excruciating, but because I loved being high on opiates  

I stopped when I realized that they wouldn't release me until I was off the pain pump.  Once I came home, I didn't take any pain meds.  Didn't need them.  The pain was minimal.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Julie81
on 2/17/15 9:57 am

I'm 6 days out.. And a big baby too. Pain right after surgery was bad in my chest ( I had a hernia repair too). Sometimes I felt like the morphine pump wasn't helping that much.. They gave me torodol( anti inflammatory).. That combo was good. What was the mist painful was not bring able to drink anything the first night.. My mouth was so dry.. I wanted to die.. I'd fall asleep and dream of ice cubes.Today was my first day only taking my pain meds once.. Every other day I needed them every 4-6 hours. Good luck! It's not that bad., I promise.. Take it from the worlds biggest baby!

VSG 2/11/15 with David Lautz

Most Active
Recent Topics