back from vacation, still in my comfort zone (weight range)

Linda B.
on 7/20/14 4:33 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Mike & I were away from home for 16 days. We took a major road trip that involved visiting family and friends in 3 states. I prepared road trip munchie food knowing that there would not be much available on the route we were taking. I packed jerky, no nitrate meat sticks, bean based chips, fruit, and nuts. While most of these won't work in weight loss, we have both been in maintenance for a while.

I hit the grocery store with each stop to be sure we would have some VSG friendly food available. We also indulged a little based on what was available. We were in some pretty small towns for 2 of the stops. We just made sure that we got dense protein first. We also increased our water because in 2 places we were at a higher elevation than where we live, and all 3 were more humid than what we are used to.

When we were in the Denver area for a friend's wedding, we did hit our favorite eating places, but we split things and enjoyed. But, we made sure we were active as well.

So why am I telling you this? Well, by choosing to eat our protein first, and staying active, the indulgences were not a disaster. I stayed in my comfort zone (5 pound range), and Mike went slightly over, but that was remedied after he did his long run for the week. I really believe that being active is the key for an occasional off plan meal. Also, we went right back to our normal eating pattern when we got home and I had my own kitchen. Oh, and the off plan food, very small amounts, and again, only after dense protein.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

acbbrown
on 7/21/14 12:49 am - Granada Hills, CA

You two are doing amazing!! Im so proud of you!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Tracy D.
on 7/21/14 1:16 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Nice job, Linda!  My husband and I are taking a little 3 day jaunt over to Colorado this weekend.  I hope we execute our plan as well as you and your hubby.  

Welcome back :-)

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Shagdoll
on 7/21/14 2:10 am

You both rock Linda!!!  You are doing everything right!  Congrats on all your success.  Hope you and Mike are doing well!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Gwen M.
on 7/21/14 8:22 am
VSG on 03/13/14

How fantastic!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics