another competition in the morning, on home ice, Ontario, CA

Linda B.
on 6/7/14 4:30 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I spent the evening putting my skate bag together for tomorrow's competition. I am so thrilled that I can participate in a sport I love. Even though I am at a lower level, it is still amazing to be able to do this. Before my VGS and resulting weight loss, I would have never had the confidence, or the ability to do this.

Oh, I also have a new skating dress, it is black, both with lace and sparkle. Because, every woman needs a "little black dress." I am hoping to post pics when I get home. The woman who makes them for us is just amazing, I can have one custom made for a fraction of what they cost online, and it is made just for me.

If you happen to be near Ontario tomorrow morning, and want to see some skaters who love their sport, the competition starts at 9:00 and ends about 12:30. Watching the little kids is so much fun. And, it is free. It is the rink off of Holt and Mountain, the older one. If you can't make it, there will be others you can go see. I'll try to post earlier next time. Just been swamped with work and training.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Bufflehead
on 6/7/14 8:09 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Just want to say, I won't be there (I live 2000+ miles away now), but it gave me a little nostalgic twinge to read your post! I used to skate at that rink when I was a child. I'm originally from Claremont. Is it okay to say good luck in your competition? I know I couldn't say good luck to a theater person with a play, but "break a leg" seems like the wrong thing to say to an ice skater!

Linda B.
on 6/8/14 2:34 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Wow, this is interesting...I was born in TN. My parents moved west when I was very young. I think it is quite nostalgic that you used to skate at this rink. Yes, good luck works. I hope I don't break a leg as I work on moving up to the next level.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

lessofme123
on 6/7/14 8:39 pm

That is so awesome! I am just starting this journey and my stats are similar to your starting point. It gives me hope. I'm getting excited thinking about all the things I will be able to do once the weight is off. Skating in a little black dress never entered my mind.

Linda B.
on 6/8/14 2:41 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

This has been so much fun. I say, find what you love to do, and do it.

Most Active
Recent Topics