Need prayers for strength

bobbio56
on 6/3/14 2:38 pm - San Angelo , TX
VSG on 06/10/14

Thank you so much!!

VSG ON 6/10/2014  HW 370, SW 348, CW 326 M1:??

AkfLpn
on 6/3/14 3:48 am
VSG on 05/27/14

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way 

H.W. 285  S.W. 265  C.W.162

bobbio56
on 6/3/14 2:39 pm - San Angelo , TX
VSG on 06/10/14

Thank you so much!!

SeattleJane
on 6/3/14 5:57 am
VSG on 06/12/14

Hi Bobbio56,

I am worried to. My surgery is June 12th so two days after yours. I wish you good luck and pray you have great success. I have had surgery's before so I am a little ahead on what to expect, but thought I would walk through what helped me and might calm you or help ;)

• Be 100% on honest on your care. If it hurts or do not like a nurse (just because) the surgeon and team want to make you feel comfortable and it is ok to speak up or communicate what you are feeling or thinking. Better out than in - I would always say ;) Also, one time I did not say anything and had bad experience. The doctor was more up-set that I did not say anything as he would like to ensure a good image of him self. So he fixed the issue so no other patient would have to go through it.
  • Make sure to practice breathing - they put a thing down your throat - so practice exhaling really big and in-hailing to get your lungs ready. You might not need if lungs are good and sit while doing so you do not get light headed. I do this as I have bad lungs so I like to get them ready.
  • No questions are stupid - ask anything - if you want to know ask - as someone already has done it.
  • Try to relax - easier said than done - think of your happiest place when you are on the table getting ready to go night night - prep prior to surgery before going to bed on making the place awesome - if that is the ocean, etc.. look at those things prior to get them in your head. So when you are stressed or nervous take a big breath and think of the happy place.
  • Know that you are loved - no matter what your family life is like, everyone is loved.
  • Follow Diet - Follow the diet doctor says as they do have a reason for it ;)

Other than that - Feel great that you made the choice to make you feel better. Good luck and if you want to be buddy's to share stories I am open.

bobbio56
on 6/3/14 2:43 pm - San Angelo , TX
VSG on 06/10/14

Thank you so much with the great tips and yes I would love to be buddy,s and share our experiences on this journey! Prayers sent your way also!!

jaax
on 6/3/14 6:08 pm

Prayers being sent up for you,your surgery, and your journey. I had my surgery May 5th and i was so nervous cause i have MS. Everything is going fine and im glad i did it. You will be just fine.

Tenacious88
on 6/6/14 8:36 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi. First put yourself in Gods hand, get a good surgeon and everything will work just fine. I am a man of faith, everyday i pray for all that are having surgery. You now are on my list for. Prayer.  

God's speed.

Had vsg feb 5, 2014 all is working just great.

88 Lou 

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

Most Active