I'm sleeved!!!

Twinsinsept.
on 5/6/14 9:46 am
VSG on 05/06/14

I truly can't believe I did it. All went well, sleeve was as planned and I did have a hiatal hernia that he repaired.  I had some pain as I woke up in recovery, but the pain meds worked well. 

Overall it's been a good day. I haven't been nauseous at all so far. I have an On-Q pain ball , and that seems to be working well. I'm taking liquid loritab (Vicodin) and it's awfully sweet and syrupy, but seems to work. 

I walked about 5-6 times so far and my nurse has been totally impressed. I do have a headache, but we're trying to avoid migraine meds. 

I'm super tired and have only taken 1 short nap.  I plan on going to sleep soon.   The house doctor said he sees no reason why I can't go home tomorrow as I'm tolerating clear liquids and pain is under control. My husband has been the best little nurse. He makes sure I do my spirometer every hour and reminds me to breathe when my numbers drop. That is one challenge,  having a hard time keeping my oxygen levels in the good range. I'm running upper 80's to low 90's on room air and the nurse wants to see at least 95-98. When I breathe deep, the gas pains kick in. 

Im having a hard time determining how much a "sip" is. I'm thinking my sips are too small, but if I take a bigger sip, my chest hurts. I'm afraid to go off of the IV. 

My throat and chest are making some weird gurgle noises, which I think is normal. I just truly am so shocked I went through wth it. I'm excited and happy and can't wait for the transformation to begin!!

Renee

HW: 345. CW 272

KevinBacon
on 5/6/14 10:05 am
VSG on 03/10/14

YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!! 

Very happy for you!!!!!! Don't worry about the sips. It gets better!!! 

YOU GO GIRL!

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Tina O
on 5/6/14 10:06 am - ME
VSG on 05/12/14

congrats on your surgery!!! hope it continues to be smooth and you heal fast! 

HW: 414 ... CW: 260 ... GOAL: 147

Kelly Jean
on 5/6/14 10:22 am
VSG on 04/08/14

wow congrats!!! best of luck and a very speedy recovery!!!!

Sandy M.
on 5/6/14 10:25 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Whoo hoo!  If you're on Zofran for nausea, it could be causing your headache...it does for me anyway.  

Welcome to the Loser's Bench!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Twinsinsept.
on 5/6/14 10:32 am
VSG on 05/06/14
On May 6, 2014 at 5:25 PM Pacific Time, Sandy M. wrote:

Whoo hoo!  If you're on Zofran for nausea, it could be causing your headache...it does for me anyway.  

Welcome to the Loser's Bench!

When I talked to the anesthesiologist, he told me that Zofran can cause headaches, and we decided against using it. He have me the patch behind my ear and a few other meds for nausea. It's not a migraine, so that's good, I just hope it stays that way. 

My pain meds are due in 15 minutes. It's just so loud in here. They want the door open now that my husband has left for the day, but I can't rest at all. I need my own bed!!!  

HW: 345. CW 272

Sandy M.
on 5/6/14 10:44 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

You'll be home soon!  Tomorrow you can have two naps.  Or three if you want.  I'm so glad everything went so well for you!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

EmmyK
on 5/6/14 4:03 pm - CA
VSG on 04/30/14

That patch makes your mouth/throat SUPER DRY.  I lose my voice every time (which is a blessing for others...LOL.)

The On-Q pain ball is HEAVENLY.  I had it with my big surgery last fall (an incision from my navel to my pubis,) and I missed it terribly when it was gone!  Hooray for local anesthetics!

You did it!  Welcome!  I'm a week ahead, and let me tell you, it get so much better! 

If you step on the scale when you get home?   Don't be surprised if you gained lots in fluid.  Your body will readjust.  Get ready to pee!  I was 240 when I came home Thursday afternoon.  This morning? 222.  18# in roughly 5 days.  If you do weigh in, just don't get upset.  Your body will flu**** all out!

Just keep sipping!

My posts are for general information and do not constitute medical advice.  They should not serve as the basis for any medical decision by you.  Call your physician for advice.  HW 248  SW 233  CW 155

weese
on 5/6/14 10:36 am
VSG on 02/26/14

Congrats!

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

trinoc
on 5/6/14 10:45 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

Congrats!  I know you were very nervous.  So happy your experience is proving to be a good one!

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Most Active
Recent Topics