How soon after surgery do you start losing? How often do you weigh?

jujubslim
on 5/5/14 3:20 am
VSG on 03/17/14

By day 4 the scale started moving for me. I weigh myself daily (post op) because I track my daily weight, calories, carb, protein, fa****er intake. I can't help it I'm a spreadsheet nut, I do it more for analytical reasons and keep a record of my journey. Although I wouldn't recommend weighing daily if you're one of those people who get anxious if they're not seeing the scale move. I've had stalls, I've had minor weight gains and I'm fine with it, I expect it and know it's part of the process. 

Scorpio98
on 5/5/14 4:32 am

I'm just over 1 month post op.  I remember weighing in the morning of surgery at 382.  I got weighed the day or 2 after surgery and I was 392 (thanks IV fluids).  Then the weight starting coming off fairly regularly over the next few weeks.  

Don't play mind games with the scale--you'll just drive yourself nuts.  I weigh in on the 10th, 20th and 30th of every month (I adjust for February ) and record those weights in my journal.  I may peek at the scale in between those weigh-in dates, but I don't "count" those as my official weigh-ins.  I've lost about 35lbs since my surgery (including the 10lbs of fluids).

Most Active
Recent Topics