No robe, slippers at the hospital?

Twinsinsept.
on 5/2/14 10:51 pm
VSG on 05/06/14

My surgeon typically discharges after 3pm the day after surgery. In our pre-op class the nurse said not to bring a robe or slippers. How can that be if we are supposed to walk the halls?  I don't want my rear hanging out and I don't want dirty slipper socks back in my hospital bed after walking the halls. 

Did you all use your smart phones much in the hospital?  I'm addicted to mine. Thinking about a charger with an extension cord??

thanks for any input!!!  Surgery is Tuesday, SO excited!!!!

Renee

HW: 345. CW 272

Sandy M.
on 5/2/14 11:26 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

My hospital had robes and slippers - the robes were like the hospital gown but didn't tie in the back and was a lot longer to hide the lady bits.  And they'll probably have either socks with rubber patches on the soles or slippers for you as well.  Really the only things I used while in the hospital was my phone, chapstick, and a pillow I brought from home (the pillow comes in handy for the ride home as well).  Oh, and my CPAP - I used that too!

Anything extra you bring will just be stuffed into bags and stored until you get out of surgery.  Then you have to lug it back home again.  I'm a chronic overpacker, so I learned my lesson the hard way!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

happyteacher
on 5/2/14 11:33 pm

I packed all kinds of crap, and used none of it.  The gown in the hospital was designed very large to accomadate the size of a bariatric patient, so no bootie issues.  They give you the slipper socks with the little grippers on the bottom.  You can bring your stuff just in case though-  I did use lip balm, but mostly just wanted to sleep and have my hubby there. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

sillymilly
on 5/2/14 11:41 pm - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

I guess it wouldn't hurt to bring your own slippers if you don't want the dirty slipper-socks in bed, but you really won't get your own robe on since you'll probably have an IV.

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

momto1boy3girls
on 5/3/14 1:01 am
VSG on 01/16/14

The gowns I had were huge...nothing was hanging out.  They put one behind me when I walked at first.  The day after surgery once I got my IV out I put on my own clothes.  I used the socks with grippers instead of slippers.  I used my phone a lot because I was bored.

VSG with Dr. Atif Iqbal on 01/16/2014 - 5'9" Starting: 305 Pre-Op: -13 Surgery Weight: 292 Current Weight: 206

M1: -26 M2: -14 M3: -11 M4: -11 M5: -10 M6: -9 M7: -11 M8:       

Machelle.K
on 5/3/14 1:36 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I brought slippers to walk, and eventually I changed into my own PJs, but I didn't bring a robe, they just tied one around the back end...I was wiped out and didn't even look at my phone.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

SHMILY
on 5/3/14 1:42 am

I took my own slippers, no problem

Surgery Feb 26, 2014. Starting wt 270 lbs

Kelly Jean
on 5/3/14 1:48 am
VSG on 04/08/14

I wouldnt bother especially if your only over night.... I used there gowns ...as said above with the iv you cant use your own robe anyway... I broght my slippers only casue I was a bit ocd about dirty socks in bed... and I did bring my charger But to be honest I was there 3 days and didnt charge it once... I walked slept and tried to eat and was with my hubby...

Best of luck on your surgery and a very speedy recovery!!! Drink Drink and Drink more!!!!

Tenacious88
on 5/3/14 2:09 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

my hospital gave me everything i needed and it was all great. My daughter stayed with me in the room, she was of great help. I had my cell only to bring. 88 lou

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

mickeymantle
on 5/3/14 2:45 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

they put 2 robes on , one of the backwards and they will give you new slipper socks if they get diirty

I did not spend much time in bed most of it in the recliner

I used the hospital phone , was told not to bring cell phone my huby had his tablet but I was to tired to use it

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics