Pre-Op everything today...

Twinsinsept.
on 4/28/14 9:25 am
VSG on 05/06/14

I'm actually excited. That's kind of unusual because I've been so nervous it's kind of overshadowed the excitement. 

Final surgeon consult- all went well, he assured me that he and the anesthesiologists would have nothing but the mega-anti nausea meds on board for prevention (vomit phobic). He answered all of my questions well. 

Pre-op nutrition class- SO much info. Got a notebook with info and guidelines. Dietician spoke for 60 minutes, and the nurse for 30 minutes. My surgeon uses On-Q with a sprinkler catheter for pain reduction. Anyone with experience with this?  

Pre-op testing- EKG, chest x-Ray and 8 vials of blood drawn!!!  

I came home and ordered all of my vitamins and stopped at Target and bought muscle milk lite for pre-op diet (3 day required, starts Saturday) and small bowls, plates and utensils. 

Surgery is May 6th.  I am truly excited and appreciate all of your posts. I've learned so much from OH!!!

Renee

HW: 345. CW 272

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/14 10:41 am

Good luck.  I know you are going to do great. Mine is in June. Keep us posted.

Tina O
on 4/28/14 10:43 am - ME
VSG on 05/12/14

congrats! i'm excited for you  i wish you a smooth surgery and a fast recovery!!!

HW: 414 ... CW: 260 ... GOAL: 147

Tina M.
on 4/28/14 11:04 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/14

Best of luck to you! I only have 2 days to go! 

My new life began on April 30th, 2014!  

Start of Pre-Op Diet Weight: 282     Surgery Weight: 268     

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/28/14 11:49 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I also had problems with nausea right after surgery, 10 minutes after surgery accd to the surgeon when I woke up, was still groggy at the time, they gave me meds and for some reason they put an alcohol wipe right on the bridge of my nose & it stopped the dry heaves till the medication kicked in., weird how the body works. Good luck to you!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Twinsinsept.
on 4/28/14 12:03 pm
VSG on 05/06/14

Good luck Tina!!  Can't wait to read your post surgery post!!

had no idea about the alcohol swabs-great to know!!!  When I told my surgeon I had a vomit phobia, he said its rare for his patients to have nausea after surgery. I don't know if he was trying to just ease my concerns, or if he has some magical med combo that prevents nausea, but for now, it's good enough for me. 

Thanks for for the well wishes. 

Renee

HW: 345. CW 272

Dreamingofbeaches
on 4/28/14 12:31 pm
with

Congrats!!  I've heard about the alcohol wipes for years. Maybe get some to have on hand in case you feel the need once home. 

LosingSarah
on 4/28/14 12:55 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Good luck! I'm glad that you've gotten over your nervousness about your vomit-phobia. It's such a small thing when you look at the big picture about how much your life will change.

inluvwithsleevie
on 4/28/14 1:29 pm
VSG on 03/08/12

I am so thrilled for you. I was quietly rooting for you to get the bravery to do it. And now to hear you are excited!! Yayyy! I have a feeling you are going to do just fine.

Most Active
Recent Topics