I got insurance approval today, but I had already decided not to have the surgery. What now?

pebtash
on 4/17/14 10:15 am
VSG on 11/25/14

Although I have not had this surgery yet I have had many surgeries in the past. If I were you before making any decisions I would talk to your doctor about your concerns.

shrinking_sarah
on 4/17/14 2:37 pm - CA

This is excellent advice!

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

carrie054
on 4/17/14 10:16 am

Tough decision---good luck with it.  As others have said, only you can determine whether it's right for you.  

For what it's worth....I have never been nauseated since surgery.  

And since you mentioned a migraine, I used to get migraines like crazy.  Haven't had one (or even a headache) since I had my surgery in January.  Migraines are one of the things that a lot of people get relief from when they lose weight.  

VSG on 1/28/14

M1 -24 lbs  M2 -11  M3 -14 M4 -6 lb(total loss:  55)

HW:  297  SW:  279 CW:  224

Sasny
on 4/17/14 10:28 am
VSG on 03/20/12

I can't tell you whether to have surgery or not.  But what I can share with you is that I only had mild nausea in the first 24 hours post surgery and have not thrown up.  I also had no crazy emotions from hormones.  I only wish I had the surgery years earlier.  

gsp8610
on 4/17/14 10:57 am

It's a decision you have to make for yourself. My surgery was march 24th. I've had no nausea at all. I threw up once because I are fast. I'm down 35 pounds and have never felt better. No regrets. Good luck. 

KrissyMisssy
on 4/17/14 11:27 am - TN
VSG on 12/02/13

If it makes you feel any better, I've never had nausea since surgery, and although I had frequent headaches (not migraines) prior to surgery, I've only had 2 since my surgery 4 1/2 months ago. But this is your decision and you know whats best for you, so I wish you luck in whatever you choose to do. 

Jennifer E.
on 4/17/14 11:29 am

I too expected nausea and vomiting.  I was surprised when I told my dr this fear and she furrowed her brows and said,"oh no.  You shouldn't feel that.  We have great drugs for that".  And she was right :). Emotionally, it is a change.  I came to the realization that I had been depending on food for happiness.  I am learning to deal and learning a lot about myself. But, even on tough days I am still glAd I had it done. It has to be your choice and your choice only.  I urge you to do as much research as possible and then make your decision. Best of luck to you.

Jennifer:  HW:  252     SW: 244.   CW:  168

Surgery Date:  3/17/14

VSG on 06/12/13

The decision is an intensely personal one, but I can tell you I have no regrets.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Tracy D.
on 4/17/14 11:50 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Hubby and I both have had the surgery, his was last week.  Neither of us had any nausea and I only threw up once and it was totally from eating something early on that I should have never tried.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

inluvwithsleevie
on 4/17/14 12:30 pm
VSG on 03/08/12

I never had nausea. I have never really thrown up either. A lot of people say their migraines are lessened after surgery. The weight is staying off. The question is, are you willing to take that risk to help keep the weight off for good? Most people only have nausea for a couple of days, some not at all. I certainly never had it. There is a small chance you could have these issues you speak of. There is also a small chance we could have anything happen on any given day. Nothing is 100% in life except death and taxes. You aren't going to get 100% guarantee none of these things will happen. So the question is: Are you willing to take that risk? It's up to you. I wish you all the best.

Most Active
Recent Topics