been swamped with work so it has been a while since I have checked in

Linda B.
on 4/9/14 3:19 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on the boards much lately. I did post a few weeks ago that I was starting a temporary full-time teaching job, well I have just been super swamped. I teach 7 classes a day with 6 different core subjects, 8-12th grade.

I found out these kids started their year with a sub for the first couple of weeks, then the teacher who just left, now me. They have been through a few teachers in their subjects too. It is a small charter school, in a economically disadvantaged area so enrollment is stagnant. The school is closing down their high school to focus on K-8 next year. So, teachers are leaving when they find other jobs. These kids asked me the first day if I was going to bail on them too? They are a handful, many of them are acting out in class and just blowing it off. I know they have trust issues, but I am spending many hours trying to create lessons that will engage them. So, I haven't been around much.

On the positive side, I am staying in my weight comfort zone. Even with a long commute, a longer work day than most teachers (I have to be there for 8 1/2 hours), and then planning when I get home, I am happy that the scale and I are still on speaking terms. I am not as active as I would like to be at the moment, but I still manage to get two practice sessions a week. I have to do that, I am competing again in a couple of weeks.

I'll  be back more often once I get a little more time. Take care everyone.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

pineview01
on 4/9/14 7:11 pm - Davison, MI

Glad to here you have a temp full-time job.  Sounds like you have a had full

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Tracy D.
on 4/9/14 11:01 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Kudos to you for taking on one of the hardest and most thankless jobs in our country -- being a teacher!  You sound devoted and dedicated to your students.  They are lucky to have you.  Keep your focus and you'll do fine 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Spencerella
on 4/10/14 12:08 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Linda you are contributing something to society that most of us can't, so thank you for that. Glad to hear you're coping well and that you are still skating despite the pressure you're under. Hugs

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Gwen M.
on 4/10/14 2:28 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Thank you for educating the youth of today :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Melody2
on 4/10/14 5:10 am
VSG on 04/10/13

You are making a difference in their lives.  Hats off to you for going the extra mile to make that difference.  Without a doubt, teachers are the most overworked, underpaid employees in the US; yet, have the most impact on future generations.  Thank you for what you do each day.

And congrats on staying the course with the VSG.....that's pretty cool.  Thanks for sharing.

Most Active
Recent Topics