TT recovery and skating

Linda B.
on 12/14/13 4:54 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Well, I am finally feeling more like myself after the mini TT I had last month. Getting all that glue off was a pain. I needed to be careful, I didn't want to cause the skin to open up. I am still a little swollen, only time will tell when it comes to the results. I know I would like to have more plastics to correct the damage I caused from all that extra weight. But since this didn't cost me anything, I figured it was a good place to start.

Now that I'm able to move much better, I hit the rink for the first time in a month Wednesday afternoon.I took it slow, just forward stroking and swizzles. I wanted to make sure I didn't fall. I went back to class Thursday night. My coach had me do some basics to warm up, and I was able to do almost everything I know how to do. We agreed that my private lessons should not resume until after Christmas. In January, I will begin to prepare for the California State Games that will take place the first week of March in San Diego. My plan is to compete one level higher than my previous competitions. I was amazed at how much I missed being on the ice. It is my exercise of choice.

For those *****ad this who are pre-op or newer post-op, if you keep to the program and use your sleeve well, you can have more quality of life. I am able to do things now that were only a wish list before.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/13 6:09 am

I am glad you hear that you are almost all the way back.  It takes a while after TT to gear back up.  I love hearing about your ice skating adventures.

linzeelee
on 12/14/13 6:52 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13
Glad to hear you are recovering and getting back on the ice.

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

Shagdoll
on 12/15/13 7:28 am

Glad to hear you are doing well Linda B!  Miss my SoCal friends!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics