X-post TT update

Linda B.
on 11/15/13 2:36 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Well, so far, so good. I am resting, walking, and catching up on some reading. The pain hasn't been to bad, but I think that is because it was a mini TT without any muscle work. I am still pretty sleepy, probably pain meds and after effects of anesthesia. When I put the compression shaper on, I feel like a stuffed sausage.  I have to wear it  for  six weeks. I also have the binder band that I was wrapped in post-op, I wear that at night and when the other needs to be washed.

Because we have not told many people about this, I have to figure out how to hide my drain when we meet some friends for coffee tomorrow. Speaking of the drain, working around that for dressing and using the bathroom has been a challenge.

I did hear that this research group is still looking for people. The two surgeries to choose from are a mini TT or a breast lift. If you are in a reasonable distance to Pasadena, and want the info, PM me. Out of pocket expenses are the meds and compression garment. I am planning on saving up for the rest of what I'd like to have done, but this looks like it will be a good start for me.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Sandy M.
on 11/15/13 9:01 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Yay - I'm glad surgery went so well for you!  Keep us informed of your results and how you feel about them!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/13 8:30 am
VSG on 12/18/12

Wish I was close to Pasadena. Unfortunately Ohio is my home. If anyone hears of a similar research study in Ohio, let me know! Good luck. Sounds like you're doing well.

Most Active
Recent Topics