9 Month post-op update GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL

Linda B.
on 6/14/13 8:43 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Well, technically my 9 month date was yesterday, but since I was still with DH while he was in the hospital, an hour from home, I didn't have access to my scale. So, this morning, expecting a gain from 3 days of sharing hospital food with him (neither one of us can eat a full meal), I was shocked to see the number 138. I had to shout for Mike to come to the bathroom to look because I didn't believe I was seeing that number correctly.

We were able to make some reasonable food choices because the new Kaiser hospital has a "room service" menu and you just order what you want. We stayed away from most of the carby stuff, although we did eat a lot of chicken tortilla soup that was full of rice and corn. But, chicken soup is good when you are sick, right? We usually chose the chicken with lemon caper sauce and veggies. However, you can't trust the carb counts on their menu, for example, they list a carton of milk as only 1 carb. Yea right, on Mars maybe. Anyway, I fully expected to have put on a few pounds after a few days of not eating what was normal for us. Until this morning, I hadn't had a protein shake since Monday morning. We usually mix one with coffee. It is possible that the change up might have actually helped. It doesn't really matter, I'm just thrilled to write this post. I've been waiting a long time to try to type out what that soccer announcer says...GOOOOOAAAAALLLLL. I can hear it in my mind.  And now, my cyber version of a happy dance,

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Bella_Fein
on 6/14/13 8:55 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Get it girl! Congratulations! You are rockin'!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

PaulaToronto
on 6/14/13 8:56 am - Toronto, Canada

Excellent results, Congrats.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

acbbrown
on 6/14/13 9:00 am - Granada Hills, CA

Congrats Linda!! You are awesome!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Debbie M.
on 6/14/13 9:00 am - Orient, OH
VSG on 01/30/13

angry  Congrats on hitting goal! 

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

slimpickins5280
on 6/14/13 9:05 am - CO

WOOT!!! Congrats!!!

Hope Mike is doing better.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Miss150
on 6/14/13 9:11 am
Congratulations! Nine months and done with a significant part of your adventure. How wonderful is that?! S very well done. I bow in your general direction. Dance, dance dance!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

frisco
on 6/14/13 9:34 am

Huge congrats to you for goal and to the both of you doing this together !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

chanteuse1
on 6/14/13 9:55 am - LA
VSG on 09/05/12

That's two great things in one day - getting home AND reaching goal.  Congratulations - can't wait to write that word myself!

VSG on 06/12/13

Congrats! Love the happy dance :)

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active
Recent Topics