YIKES a timing issue with my surgury and recovery

Anne64
on 6/6/13 7:10 am
VSG on 06/19/13

Hi all,

I am scheduled of surgery first thing on June 19.  Today i was invited to interview for a great job and the onsite interview will be July 2.  This is one day short of 2 weeks post op.....thoughts???"

Anne

Beadle
on 6/6/13 7:36 am
VSG on 05/28/13 with

If you were to go on how I feel just eight days post op you will be fine. You will have to be selective on the type of clothing in case your belly hurts from the incisions but I think you would be fine.

Just keep on moving

Elinor1127
on 6/6/13 7:38 am - OH
VSG on 05/07/13

Two weeks post-op you should be off all your pain meds and really looking forward to having that first bite of pureed food.  My concern with a job interview would mostly be with energy levels.   In my experience, you should probably be OK unless you have other health conditions that impact your energy levels.  Just make sure you get all the protein you're supposed to and TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!  Find a chewable vitamin that you can tolerate and take them.  I didn't and that made all the difference. 

Good luck!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/13 7:52 am

I would have had no problem at all.  I traveled across the state 7 days post op, an interview should be a piece of cake.

pineview01
on 6/6/13 8:16 am - Davison, MI

I still had a drain at 2 weeks.  But, I wore clothing to conceal it and went to a scrapbook weekend less than two weeks out.  I did get a little tiered but I didn't sleep much there.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Nikke2003
on 6/6/13 9:58 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

While everyone is different, it's certainly doable to go to this interview at two weeks post op. I went to a seminar that is part of a certificate program I'm doing for work that I couldn't miss at one week post op and it was four hours long. I felt a little tired and sore afterwards, but it was all good!

CONGRATS on the VSG and the interview!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

missthingg
on 6/6/13 10:36 am - memphis, TN
I physically felt ok to go back to work at 1 week. If your experience is like mine you should feel pretty good to do an interview at two weeks.
Most Active
Recent Topics