Below my lowest with pics

historybuff223
on 5/6/13 4:55 am, edited 5/6/13 5:01 am - Mountain Brook, AL

Hi all --

I was really struggling to get back on track for a while there. I had gained about 7-8lbs and was constantly beating myself up for my screw ups. Finally, I have a plan that works for me. I started doing a paleo diet and I allow myself one day of the week to eat (within reason) off plan. This varies and the "one day" doesn't have to happen every week or every 2 weeks. But if I need to have a day, I can have it. I don't do well with moderation on a day to day basis. I really like the strictness of having one day a week where I can have a little bit of what I want. Then, I know the next day that it's back to it. I'm also in the gym 6-7 days a week so I believe this helps also.

The lowest I had gotten before my international travel and weight gain was 138lbs and that was at a year and 2 months out. I am now 133.6lbs and a year and 8 months out.

Going paleo or my "one day a week" routine won't work for everyone. But I share this in hopes that it will help someone. I paid my therapist a lot of money to help me come up with it :) Also, I am by far from perfect. But I'm feeling better knowing that I've figured out what works for me.

Total Before and After:

March 15th -- a week before starting the paleo diet and having my gallbladder removed

Comparison:

Smiley_23
on 5/6/13 5:05 am
VSG on 11/26/12

LOVE IT!!! I was thinking of doing something similar, with the paleo diet and all. I'm almost 6 months out and illness made me stray for a little bit and can't seem to get back on track. Any paleo tips?

historybuff223
on 5/6/13 5:14 am - Mountain Brook, AL

Thanks!

I would visit the Whole9 website. I did the Whole30 challenge and read the book "It Starts With Food". It outlines all the science behind paleo and includes some really awesome recipes.

I LIVED off of dairy -- cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, cheese, etc. I already had given up most grains because I have Celiac disease and am gluten free. The scale wasn't budging and I was getting frustrated. This did the trick and I've lost over 10lbs plus I feel absolutely awesome. My bloodwork looks great. It's just all around fantastic living this way. Traveling and eating out is a little difficult, but you get used to it.

You'll have to let me know if you try it!

ravenbrown
on 5/6/13 5:57 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thank you for sharing!  You look great :)

historybuff223
on 5/6/13 6:30 am - Mountain Brook, AL

sunny_disposition
on 5/6/13 6:21 am - Miami, FL
VSG on 01/28/13

You look fantastic, and sounds like you've got a great plan!

historybuff223
on 5/6/13 6:29 am - Mountain Brook, AL

Thanks!! You look great too -- just saw your post :)

acbbrown
on 5/6/13 10:19 am - Granada Hills, CA

Hmmmm this looks interesting. I might consider it once I give up my shake addiction!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Edelge
on 5/6/13 3:04 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

Im just 5 weeks out and am getting a ton of protein from dairy because I can't eat much protein.  My goal is to get to a paleo diet, we cut wheat as a family 6 months before surgery.  Do you log on mfp?  I'd love to see what you eat day to day.  I'm heading to check out the website now. 

historybuff223
on 5/6/13 11:17 pm - Mountain Brook, AL

I do log, but I can't figure out how to make my diary public! My name on MFP is isdubrin though if you want to add me. In the meantime, I'll try to figure out how to make my diary public!

Most Active
Recent Topics