Pre-op Cheating

Pattoncy
on 4/24/13 8:36 am
Hell yeah I cheated. I did 4 or 5 times during my 2 week pre-op diet. And cheated big too. One time I ate a whole medium size pizza! I still lost 17 pounds by the end of the 2 weeks and my surgeon said my liver was a good size for the operation. Don't beat yourself up over it. If we were able to be completely disciplined we wouldn't need this surgery.
Monet2009
on 4/24/13 10:19 am - FL
VSG on 04/05/13 with
You are not the only one, I cheated during my two weeks also. My diet wasn't as strict as yours, it was just no carbs or sugar. I didn't cheat every day but like every other day, I was fine with the sugar but the carbs nearly killed me. But I just tried to do the best I could, forgive yourself and try to do better tomorrow.

Monet

sleeplessteacher
on 4/24/13 11:59 am - MI
VSG on 12/26/12

I struggled with the pre-op diet too. 

You didn't ask, but I want to reassure you that I am very pleased with my post-op habits.  The sleeve has made everything possible and I continue to be pretty disciplined at four months.  Pre-op, I struggled to string a few days in a row of being compliant. 

The surgery worked for me.  You will be so pleased!!!

SW: 252 CW: 170  GW:160

rn4kids
on 4/25/13 10:54 pm, edited 4/26/13 5:52 am
I did cheat...5-6 times. I cant cheat mow! But i was scared to death i would wake up without my sleeve. My surgeon knew when i got my lap band. I cheated worse this time and he never said anyting!

U r not a failure. U will succeed. I knew it wouldnt be possible to cheat post op so i did preop and i guess i got reaaaalllly lucky cuz my surgeon is soooo by the book,thats why he is so awesome!

Lap Band 8/09 286 to 154 #

prolapsed/removed 8/12

current weight 238

scheduled for vsg 4/9/13

Most Active