Working out & stalling

shajoh
on 4/21/13 12:27 am - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

I've been working out pretty regularly. 3-5 times a week. Most days 2-5 hours. I'm stalling. I thought I was coming out of it losing 4 lbs but I've put 3 of those back on. I'm eating mostly protein. Protein at about 80g. Carbs 20-40g. Calories I've upped from 400 to about 600. I've had 1-2 days of 800 calories. I've had 2-3 days of carbs at 40-45. Do I need to up my calories. Is the extensive exercise causing the stall. It started about the time I started the exercise. I'm doing a boot camp at my gym. I don't want to quit. I do feel I'm getting more toned. If nothing else my form is getting better.  I just get frustrated. I thought about emailing my nut tomorrow. I bet she'll tell me to up my calories. She not a calorie counter though. She just says to keep protein at 60g. or above. I'm also getting my water to 64oz. This has been tough for me but I've done it. 

Any suggestions would be helpful. Btw I've read the posts about stalls. I know they happen. I'm just not sure if it has anything to do with the exercise. 

Sharla

pharmergirl
on 4/21/13 1:35 am
VSG on 04/04/13
I think you're on the right track with working out! However, I think you might need to increase your calories to accommodate your strenuous activity. Try eating MORE to fuel your body and metabolism. You need fuel to start a fire. Once it's burning you can use your fuel storage, but you still need that initial fuel and spark. Also, 2-5 hours working out may just be too much; especially with tough boot camp style workouts. Good for you for digging deep, but you might get better results if you do less with more calories.
shajoh
on 4/21/13 2:05 am - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12
Thank you. That's what I was thinking. I'll add some more protein snacks or something to fuel my body.

Sharla

sleevegirl
on 4/21/13 2:06 am - Austin, TX

Working out, not working out. It doesn't matter and doesn't seem to affect my pattern of "pauses" - I don't call it a stall anymore in my own head. LOL! My pattern has been lose 2-5 pounds quickly, then pause, gain 1-3 pounds, then pause, lose those, pause, lose 2-5 pounds... etc etc...

Hang in there and don't let it get to you. It's all normal and part of the process. I know... it's hard.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active
Recent Topics