"The Secret" To WL and Maintenance.....A Frisco Observation.........

MacMadame
on 2/26/13 1:47 pm - Northern, CA

Someone asked me once in another group (not WLS oriented) what our WL "tricks" were. I said: there are no tricks. This is my life. You can't trick your way through life.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

AnnieinIA
on 2/26/13 7:10 pm
This is a very powerful thread. As Frisco says, it's compliance and commitment, but just as important is his comment about "leveling the playing field". In this world of excess we live in (food) and scarcity (exercise) it is vital to our health to maintain our compliance and commitment to that which is proven to bring success. Our VSG wont do that for us, although some people seem to conduct themselves as if it will.

I have always understood the need for compliance and commitment but needed some sort of (miraculous) tool to "level the playing field". Now I have that.

So well said, you can't trick your way through life.

Annie
Nancybefree
on 2/26/13 9:16 pm
VSG on 11/21/12 with

Thank you for yet another power-packed post, Frisco.  Thank you for being here and for sharing what you have learned.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Puffessa
on 2/26/13 10:58 pm

Frisco, Your secret reminds me of two things. One is the Sunday school song they taught us as children, "Trust and obey." The other is Steve Martin's secret to becoming a millionaire, which he shared back in the '70's on the original Saturday Night Live:

"First, get a million dollars...."

Commitment and Compliance are two areas at which I suck inordinately. Patience, too, which is sleeping with Commitment, though they are not very public with their relationship. :-)

So I am going to add my own C word to your list to make my new secret: Courage. Because for me, it takes courage to commit and comply.

Thanks for the food for thought!

-Puffessa