Dumping or Virus?

shajoh
on 1/28/13 3:59 pm - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

Saturday night I ate 1 piece of bacon & a scrambled egg. Sunday all day I had diarrhea & was really gassy. I also slept a lot which is unusual. The bacon is the first time I've tried it since surgery 2 months ago. Monday my stomach rumbled & was a little gassy. Then about 10:00 pm the diarrhea & cramping started again. Is all this from that 1 piece of bacon or is it a stomach bug?  This is the first time I've had any problems. Right now I never want to see another piece of bacon again & eggs dont sound great either. I just remembered my daughter made bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers. I did have 1. I didn't have any problems with that. 

Sharla

MomofMarch
on 1/28/13 8:50 pm - GA

I think it could be from you eating too much. I'm 7 weeks out, and I can barely eat a whole egg. If I have bacon, I eat turkey bacon, but I won't be able to finish an entire egg.

Give it another week or so, then try bacon by itself again. If you have the same reaction, you will know. Dumping can come in the form of chest pains, vomiting, diarrhea, even panic and sweats. Take things slow for the next couple of days and see how you feel.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Jackie T.
on 1/28/13 9:48 pm - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I vote for the stomach bug!  It is nasty stuff and I am fighting it myself.  I am on day two.  I don't want to eat anything and can't stay out of the bathroom. 

I hope you are better soon but you really won't know if it was the bacon and eggs or not until you are feeling better and try it again.

Good Luck!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

shajoh
on 1/28/13 11:03 pm - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

I doubt it was over eating. I never eat more than what my dr. & nut have said to eat. I'm very careful about that. I don't eat all my portions. 1/2-3/4 cup is all. I only had about 1/2 of the medium scrambled egg & maybe 1/2 the bacon or less. I'm pretty In tuned to when I need to stop eating. I stop when satisfied never over full. Occasionally full. I'm beginning to think it was a virus. I can't imagine anything I ate causing this much distress. 2 1/2 days? Surely not. This will be my 3rd day of back to liquids, shakes, water, sf Popsicles, maybe some sf pudding, & some green tea. 

Sharla

Most Active
Recent Topics